The Forbidden Subject ! .

Don149

Totally up to the modeller.  

I have to say, looking at those test shots and comparing it to the HK one, I'd probably pick the WnW/Border version if I'd had the space to put it somewhere :D

Imodeler's 2018 pictures for comparison here:

https://imodeler.com/2018/11/telford-kit-news-hk-models-1-32-avro-lancaster-mk-i-parts-review/

Comparisons with the WnW offering will be inevitable. Based on my inspection of production-ready HK kit an the WnW early test shots, I’d say it will come down to your preference for the stressed skin effect, the extra bits and pieces of minute detail that a WnW kit may offer and also the price point - expect the WnW kit to be significantly more expensive of the two.

And of course, the review from BM here..

It's a choice of £400 (HK) versus £558 according to Hannants so either way you'll need deep pockets and plenty of space.

Wonder if either allow you to request replacement parts in case one goes missing or gets broken as otherwise you'll end up with a very expensive spares box! Personally, given the outlay involved, I'd be scared to death to start building either just in case I make a pigs ear of something (sadly quite common for me).

Regards

Colin.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 9:45 PM, JPuente54 said:

Will need a large amount of paint for it. Maybe Jamie @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies, and Stew @Stew Dapple can fill pint/quart pans/tins of their great Colourcoats for you to paint it?

On 11/12/2021 at 10:05 PM, Alan P said:

Agreed, Colourcoats Night has no equal in the modelling world, the slight indigo tint and beautiful smooth finish is making me impatient for this kit already...!

I think I'm right in saying that @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies did do a run of paint in larger tins when the HKM 1/32 scale Lancaster came out?

Duncan B

52 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

I think I'm right in saying that @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies did do a run of paint in larger tins when the HKM 1/32 scale Lancaster came out?

Duncan B

I distinctly remember thinking about it, but upon checking back out what's actually listen on the webstore in the background I only ever created 125ml product variants for Dark Green. I was finding that the big ones sold too well and then people just wanted more of them. That should have been a great thing but the batch sizes we were making then were too small. I should probably make more of them now the batch sizes are a lot bigger.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

All the hype on this kit has gone completely off the screen . Does anyone have any gen. on how things are proceeding ? .

Will any of we strange people need an extra large Christmas stocking ? .

Don .                                                                                                                                                                                               

3 hours ago, Don149 said:

Thanks for your reply 152 , but I`m not on Facebook .

Don .

Open link in private window, accept all cookies, click through pics, nod or shake head, close private window, all cookies are gone with the wind.

• Like 1

Thanks guys , `have just accessed it . It would appear all the instruments transfers have to applied individually , mmm ! , interesting .

Don .