Emptying the Shelf of Doom

Marklo

The entries

1. 1/48 scratch Etterich Taube 

2. 1/48 scratch Albatross CIX 30%

3. 1/48 scratch Sopwith Swallow

4. 1/72 Airfix HP O/400 aka the pink thing…

5. Revell 1/144 Apache - no Wip thread 

6. Airfix jeep - no wip thread

478ac914-c5c9-4df0-b140-637caba72366.jpe

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

Took the pink thing off the shelf today only to realise I’ve run out of EZ Line so nothing else for it ordered a reel off evil bay.

Took the Swallow off the shelf only to realise I couldn’t find the engine, hmmmm well I gave the undersides a coat of deck tan and painted a pair of vickers for it. If push comes es to shove I have several resin engines that I can replace the missing one with. On a positive note I found a spare camel cowling that I can use for it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Molded a new cowl for the swallow, having lost the previous one, but this one’s much better.

Painted the wheels on the jeep.

Nearly finished the fuselage of the Albatros, which had its own KUTA thread.

Waiting on EZ line in the post to be able to finish the HP and the Taube.

resized_6a5f912e-bb91-441e-a89c-34a7532fJust realised the Phantom GB ended yesterday so these two are now in KUTA. Both have the first camo colour on. The one in the right needs feral grey and the one on the left will be sea camo although I’m not sure on they green.

I’ll see if I can get the phantom thread moved.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So to add to the list.

The phantoms and the CIX have had their respective threads moved into the KUTA GB.

The phantoms are bluetacked up and  ready for their second camo colour.

The CIX is almost ready for wing assembly.

I’ve ordered some EZ line for the HP

I think I’ll take a look at the Taube and the Apache once I clear the bench a bit, my ME is acting up a bit so not doing much atm but the four 109s are nearly there as are the two F14s and the flagon. 

• Like 1

4e72b06d-0b62-4900-b1b2-85839841746b.JPGno excuses my ez line arrived this morning :) Didn’t expect this till the new year as it was coming from America,

So that means this Saturday I have a date with the pink thing. Now why does that just sound wrong.

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

resized_9ee614c9-1ce3-4dbd-9c2e-be5e4396A bit more work on the pink thing. One wing section is complete the other is almost complete and I have attached all the rigging to the fuselage. An hour or so more should see me ready to attach the wings ( yay :) ) then it’s exhausts a bit more rigging props and touching up the pink. However I do seem to have mislaid one of the ailerons so hopefully it will turn up as scratching a replacement will be a PITA.. still hoping for a January dust off for this one.

• Like 8

resized_4e6feb5f-3782-4946-a1bd-747df117Nothing else for it I cannot find the second aileron so I’ve had to scratch a new one.

On a separate note I have gotten the finger out and the Apache is almost ready for primer. Photos tomorrow.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

resized_6d734df1-0729-4b51-8760-fdac2c72the cowling fitted to the Swallow as well as a bit more paintwork and some decals. The white is a bit ragged so needs a little touching up once the decals are fully set. Then we’re just about ready for some rigging.

resized_25f41b8f-4795-4428-887e-d4079b3e

resized_6dd46bc0-e85e-4892-b770-96f0d994

The pink thing progresses a bit. Rigging is mostly done. I need to find and fit the exhausts and props next and then do the overwing rigging and permanently attach the wings and that’s about it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Tine to take stock:-

1. 1/48 scratch Etterich Taube -hasn’t moved at all

2. 1/48 scratch Albatross CIX started 30% now nearer to 90%

spacer.png

3. 1/48 scratch Sopwith Swallow. Just needs rigging and a bit of detailing.

4. 1/72 Airfix HP O/400 aka the pink thing…a bit of rigging and some cleanup needed

5. Revell 1/144 Apache - a little assembly and decals

6. Airfix jeep - moved on a bit but not there yet.

7. Two 1/144 phantoms, just need wheels, decals and stores 

spacer.png

8. 4 Me109s two done two very nearly done.

No particularly good reason why all ten above couldn’t be finished before KUTAs over, in fact I should be able to make a dent in them by the end of February. Particularly as my GB commits are all pretty much on schedule.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

GB finished but not my entries.

1. Taube, never left the shelf 

2. Swallow. Just the rigging left

3. Apache, decals, stores and undercarriage left

4. The pink thing.

3911-DDE0-FC00-4326-BBBA-DFEE10-F31829.j

Add the struts on the other wing. Then I think the windshields a cabin door and some final touch ups on the pink and that’s it.

So seeing as tomorrow mornings clear I’m going to go for broke and try to finish, the pink thing, the Phantoms and maybe the CIX or the Swallow tomorrow.

• Like 1