- FOCKE-WULF Fw 187 At the request of Shorty84 - 48 Scale

To comply with a request from Shorty84 thIs is the Fw 187 from MPM HML all resin kit .

bvDGWz.jpg

Cm4850.jpg

- The black and white version which could have been extracted from DER ADLER propaganda magazine of the Luftwaffe 

qHje77.jpg

tk0KkW.jpg

JMVbBi.jpg

4AK2d3.jpg

efPn3p.jpg

xSnBXZ.jpg

• Like 31

Impressive! I had no idea there was a 1/48 scale kit. I have the so-so1/72  Karo-As kit and the much better Special Hobby kit. It's a nasty-looking fighter...wonder how it would have performed with better engines like DB-603/605's or BMW 801's? Looks like as much work went into the diorama as the model- they are both outstanding! :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Impressive, very impressive!!  That is really nice to see that there is a Fw-187 in 1/48.  I didn’t notice that too. The diorama is spot on and a real show stopper!  Photography is first class!  You know I like that! 

all the best

Andy 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Impressive! I had no idea there was a 1/48 scale kit. I have the so-so1/72  Karo-As kit and the much better Special Hobby kit. It's a nasty-looking fighter...wonder how it would have performed with better engines like DB-603/605's or BMW 801's? Looks like as much work went into the diorama as the model- they are both outstanding! :like:

Mike

- According to some historians, this Focke-Wulf was not a bad machine but it was in the same category of Zerstôrer that the beloved Messerschmitt Bf 110 and its misregard was essentially for political reason, the war was to be won by Messerschmitt, according to Nazi heads, so it has not seen the development it derserves with new superior engines for instance.

-he handfull of them built was used at VAERLÖSE weapon school

Many thanks for posting. I see you did her late in her career when used by the aerial gunnery school in Værløse. I think the late day fighter camo suits her really well and your build and diorama are gorgeous 👍

On 11/11/2021 at 9:53 PM, 72modeler said:

It's a nasty-looking fighter...wonder how it would have performed with better engines like DB-603/605's or BMW 801's?

Yes, the Fw 187 has a quite interesting history. Originally designed as a single-seat, two-engined fighter it was quite fast and manoeuvrable. Soon Kurt Tank redesigned it into a two-seater as the conservative aeronautical circles deemed that a single seat fighter should have one engine only.

Even with an additional radio operator/gunner it showed better performance than the Bf 110 but Messerschmitt simply had more political weight at that time.

The 6th prototype was fitted with more powerful DB600 engines with special pressure cooling in order to gain the speed record. It reached 635 km/h (395 mph) in tests but further attempts were stopped as the Me 209 was destined to win the record for Germany.

In the following years Focke Wulf repeatedly tried to offer improved version (fighter, fighter-bomber, dive-bomber) to the RLM, featuring different engines like the DB601, DB605 and BMW801. In the end, focus shifted to the Ta 154 because of its use of non-strategic wood.

Cheers

Markus

Edited by Shorty84
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Zigomar said:

I remember that beast and your struggle to death to finish this model! Those were the days my friend!

-- Thank you my friend, In those days we were young, handsome and going strong.........

7 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Many thanks for posting. I see you did her late in her career when used by the aerial gunnery school in Værløse. I think the late day fighter camo suits her really well and your build and diorama are gorgeous 👍

Yes, the Fw 187 has a quite interesting history. Originally designed as a single-seat, two-engined fighter it was quite fast and manoeuvrable. Soon Kurt Tank redesigned it into a two-seater as the conservative aeronautical circles deemed that a single seat fighter should have one engine only.

Even with an additional radio operator/gunner it showed better performance than the Bf 110 but Messerschmitt simply had more political weight at that time.

The 6th prototype was fitted with more powerful DB600 engines with special pressure cooling in order to gain the speed record. It reached 635 km/h (395 mph) in tests but further attempts were stopped as the Me 209 was destined to win the record for Germany.

In the following years Focke Wulf repeatedly tried to offer improved version (fighter, fighter-bomber, dive-bomber) to the RLM, featuring different engines like the DB601, DB605 and BMW801. In the end, focus shifted to the Ta 154 because of its use of non-strategic wood.

Cheers

Markus

- Vielen Danke Markus for your comments on the Falcke as it was christened.

- A few ARADO Ar 240 photos are at the end of the post of the  Bv 138

On 11/12/2021 at 7:46 AM, Andy Dyck said:

Impressive, very impressive!!  That is really nice to see that there is a Fw-187 in 1/48.  I didn’t notice that too. The diorama is spot on and a real show stopper!  Photography is first class!  You know I like that! 

all the best

Andy 

-Vielen Danke Andy es ist mir eine Freude sie haben meine Falcke gern....