HS evolution nozzle questions

Doggy

I don't know what I've done but I have an issue with my needle sets. 

I have 2 standard needle sets that came with the airbrush, 0.2 and 0.4mm.

I have also bought 2 pinch tip sets, 0.2 and 0.4mm

But, when I put the 0.2 nozzle into the pinch tip aircap it blocks. No air or paint comes out and I get lots of bubbling back through the cup.

All the 0.2 nozzles and needles work with the standard issue cap.

All the 0.4 needles, nozzles and caps work too but I'm not convinced it's perfect.

I think I've mixed something up but I can't see how to identify the caps other than the hole size.

I assume the 0.2 needles and nozzles are all the same and interchangeable. 

I'm at a lose to what I've done. 

Any ideas?

Doggy.

You can identify the needles and nozzles by the markings on them (you can find the marking system on their website).

The caps are only identifiable by the hole diameter (you can't really get them wrong).

IF you matched them correctly you might want to check the O Rings on the caps. If the rubber is flattened or simply smaller in diameter the cap will screw in more than it's supposed to and the nozzle might block the airflow. But the odds are kinda small, my money is on a mismatch between the parts.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I noticed this thread as I was about to post about the problems I'm having with my Evolution 2in1 Silverline.

Last night I was spraying quite happily, but after a bit of a break I had the problem where some air and paint was making it out the front, but it was also bubbling in the paint cup and projecting the contents like a weak fountain. I striped it down and attacked it with Mr Tool Cleaner, Mr Levelling Thinner, PremiAir reamer (spray can) and cotton buds and airbrush cleaning brushes. I reassembled and got the same. I strip and cleaned again and again the same result. Then I swapped the 0.4 bits for the 0.2 bits and it worked fine with thinners. But not for long, as when I added some very well thinned Mr Surfacer the issue returned.

Reading this, I'm wondering if it might be the O seals and an overtightening issue.

I'm also wondering if there is anyone anywhere that does airbrush servicing. I'd quite happily pay someone experienced and competent to get it back in good working order.

I have had this problem with my H&S brushes, mostly the air blow-back issue. Assuming you have the right needle, nozzle and nozzle cap combination (it sounds as though you have) then it may be the seals. I have had to fiddle a lot with both my H&S brushes, the Evo Silverline and the Infinity CR+, but found the cure for me is replacing seals. I have changed both the o-ring on the nozzle cap and the PTFE ring on the base of the nozzle, and now keep a few of each to hand. They don't need regular changing, but at the first sign of problems changing these has cured the issue for me. The PTFE ring on the base of the nozzle seems the more critical.

I get my bits from air-craft.net or everythingairbrush.com. I have had great service from both suppliers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back to this thread after I had a repeat of the problem a couple of evenings ago with my H&S Evo Silverline. It was spraying but there was also air bubbling back in to the cup, and even though I cleaned it again the problem reoccurred despite removing and retightening the air cap and the nozzle. I changed the air cap o-ring and the PTFE seal at the rear of the nozzle, and I was back to proper spraying with no air blow-back.

• Like 1