HS evolution nozzle questions

Doggy

I don't know what I've done but I have an issue with my needle sets. 

I have 2 standard needle sets that came with the airbrush, 0.2 and 0.4mm.

I have also bought 2 pinch tip sets, 0.2 and 0.4mm

But, when I put the 0.2 nozzle into the pinch tip aircap it blocks. No air or paint comes out and I get lots of bubbling back through the cup.

All the 0.2 nozzles and needles work with the standard issue cap.

All the 0.4 needles, nozzles and caps work too but I'm not convinced it's perfect.

I think I've mixed something up but I can't see how to identify the caps other than the hole size.

I assume the 0.2 needles and nozzles are all the same and interchangeable. 

I'm at a lose to what I've done. 

Any ideas?

Doggy.

• 2 months later...

Hi Doggy,

Just came across your query and I have had quite a lot of trouble with my H&S up to the point where I bought an Iwata with a .3 needle and stopped using the H&S.

A few years ago I purchased the H&S Evolution with a .2 and .4 needle. After a while I had the same issues. Paint not coming out and Even blowing the cap off the paint reservoir.

The .4 needle and nozzle are easily identified by the grooves and when in doubt, you can verify on: https://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Harder-Steenbeck-Evolution-CRPlus-Spares.html or 

Yp0yvCI.png

Aircraft-net is quite a good company, who will be able to answer your airbrush queries much better than me. I also seem to remember that H&S have got a pretty good customer service. https://www.harder-airbrush.eu/en/advice-faq.html
with good support via there “contact us” feature and I should have asked them in hindsight.

Turned out in my case that the air cap seal didn’t seal properly anymore. Purchased a replacement seal set, worked ok for a while and then the same happened all over again after some time.

Then I tried to put a little bit of beeswax around the thread of the air cap and the H&S with the .4 needle is now my go to airbrush for larger surfaces. It even seems to wear in over time and it atomises wonderfully. 

This was however something that paid off for me, but I am no expert on the matter.

Anyway, hope this helps, although I highly recommend the professionals as listed above.

Bpna837.png

Rgds,

Rob

If there are no discernible markings a set of Vernier calipers might be the way to go.

At least that would identify the needle sizes and you can judge the air cap and nozzle sizes by eye.

I'm assuming the push on pinch cap is a standard size, if so that shouldn't be a problem