1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora by IBG Models - D-9, D-11, D-13 & D-15 released - new D-9 boxing in 2024

Homebee

Thank you, @Stilwell/Jonathan! I knew I should have checked there first. That's good news - considering the apparent high quality of this kit, I was actually afraid my estimate of £25 was too low. Maybe I will be able to afford two or three versions after all! :D

John

1 minute ago, John Thompson said:

Maybe I will be able to afford two or three versions after all!

You're welcome - Cheaper still if pre-ordered from Hannants to get the 10% discount.

(Assuming that is Detonation Boulevard, UK...)

Jonathan.

• Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora family by IBG Models - D-9 Cottbus & D-15 Torpedo released
4 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

I like rivets at models.

First the kit looks so good, but now I'm not sure about.

They do look a bit heavier than Eduard/Wingsy/Arma rivets, but I think we need to see it in the flesh or a side by side comparison to see if they are a bit big compared to the others.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

They do look a bit heavier than Eduard/Wingsy/Arma rivets, but I think we need to see it in the flesh or a side by side comparison to see if they are a bit big compared to the others.

Yes, of course.

Could be same effect with pictures taking with macro lense.

Model looks good in nature, but at macro pictures you see all that "mistakes".

• Like 6

The Fw 190D model family from IBG Models in 1/72 scale will include various versions of the aircraft, from the D-9 to the D-15, taking into account the differences resulting from the dispersion of production and the intense involvement of subcontractors.

For better orientation in the subject, we have prepared a pdf document in which the differences between the individual machines are presented.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/posts/4831589893629283

PDF: http://www.ibgmodels.com/resources/Fw190Dvar.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Tbolt said:

look fine to me. I don't think the 'lighting' on that video is 'helpful'..

I can't see them being an issue under a layer of paint..at all

spacer.png

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

look fine to me. I don't think the 'lighting' on that video is 'helpful'..

I can't see them being an issue under a layer of paint..at all

I checked out Brett Green's review and they don't looks as bad there either.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

A very useful overview.

I see that the FW 190D-9s of JG 26 that flew into Norwegian airfields in May 45 include most of the variants in the .pdf:

They arrived with "sigar shaped" drop tanks.

Focke Wulf Fw 190D9 «braun 7» WNr 601445 7./J.G.26 

Fw 190 D-9 series produced by Fieseler Kassel factory – Series Wk.Nr. 600xxx and 601xxx

Fw 190 D-9 R-4/M «weiss 1» W.Nr.210069 Oblt. Heinrich “Jan” Schild, Staffelkapitän der 5./J.G. 26 

Fw 190 D-9 Early series produced by Focke-Wulf Sorau factory?

Focke Wulf Fw 190D9 «schwarz 1» W.Nr.210972 Gerhard Muller-Berneck 5./JG26 (6/JG26 ?)

Fw 190 D-9 R-4/M «weiss 1»? W.Nr.400619

Fw 190 D-9 Late series produced by factories Focke-Wulf Sorau and Focke-Wulf Marienburg and Cottbus facility

Fw 190 D-9 Late series produced by the factories: Weser Nordenham and Lemwerder  – Series Wk.Nr. 400xxx and 401xxx

Fw 190 D-9 W.Nr.500669

Fw 190 D-9 series produced by Mimetall Erfurt factory (code unknown) – Series Wk.Nr. 500xxx

Fw 190 D-9 R-4/M W.Nr.310954?
Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-15?
- Prototype based on rebuilt Fw 190D-9 Wk.Nr 6O1286 with DB 603E engine, completed in March 1945 
- Version prepared for mass production with Series Wk.Nr. 31xxxx 

• Like 2

On 14/01/2022 at 07:57, MiG-Mech said:

I like rivets at models.

First the kit looks so good, but now I'm not sure about.

Ok, a little help: harsh light and macro does not help in judging these rivets. Personally I think they came out very well in this scale. The diameter is the same as on a real plane (most commonly used rivet head was 6mm in diameter, in scale it gives 0,08mm - remember that Focke-wulf was riveted with wide rivets...). The scale forces simplifications so the number of rivets in a line is reduced - it is obvious that it is impossible to reproduce it perfectly in this scale. I estimate that every second rivet in the stitch was omitted. Whether it is adequate, everyone can judge for himself. Panel lines are thinner than in competitive models of the same aircraft (I compared Tamiya, Hasegawa and RV/AZ/KP). For scale evaluation I added a match and a pin, the match is 44mm (1.73in) long.

W6erlFx.jpg

The plastic is great quality but I get the impression that it is slightly glassy and this gives the illusion of blurred edges. This is not the case. The edges are sharp and very nice - which you can see only after spraying the surfacer or paint. In the picture below you can see the difference between two parts from the same batch - only the surfacer shows the real details.

p4tAFo1.jpg

I hope it helped*.

*I take no responsibility for compulsively buying excess quantities of this model and overloading your magazines.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

On 1/15/2022 at 2:11 PM, HKR said:

Ok, a little help: harsh light and macro does not help in judging these rivets. Personally I think they came out very well in this scale. The diameter is the same as on a real plane (most commonly used rivet head was 6mm in diameter, in scale it gives 0,08mm - remember that Focke-wulf was riveted with wide rivets...). The scale forces simplifications so the number of rivets in a line is reduced - it is obvious that it is impossible to reproduce it perfectly in this scale. I estimate that every second rivet in the stitch was omitted. Whether it is adequate, everyone can judge for himself. Panel lines are thinner than in competitive models of the same aircraft (I compared Tamiya, Hasegawa and RV/AZ/KP). For scale evaluation I added a match and a pin, the match is 44mm (1.73in) long.

W6erlFx.jpg

The plastic is great quality but I get the impression that it is slightly glassy and this gives the illusion of blurred edges. This is not the case. The edges are sharp and very nice - which you can see only after spraying the surfacer or paint. In the picture below you can see the difference between two parts from the same batch - only the surfacer shows the real details.

p4tAFo1.jpg

I hope it helped*.

*I take no responsibility for compulsively buying excess quantities of this model and overloading your magazines.

But there are areas where are more rivets than sheet metal. Three rows of rivets and one row without.

Space between rivets are always the same. Also within same row and to next row.

Edited by MiG-Mech

The instructions for the Fw 190D-9 and D-15 models were unfortunately sent to print with a few minor errors. We have uploaded the correct files to our website. We recommend that you use the corrected versions.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/posts/4886436444811294

PDF instructions are available for download:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PSA: Jadlam are selling the D-9 for £15.99 posted on eBay right now. Just a few left at that price. I just bought one. It’s about as much as I would pay for a single-engined WW2 fighter, but I really like the Dora and didn’t think I was ever likely to get one of these kits otherwise. 
Cheers,

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Next boxings box art !

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9Fdd21L8Eg

- ref. 72532 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 Dora - Marienburg - late production

72532-00.jpg

- ref. 72535 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-13 Dora - production series

72535-00.jpg

- ref. 72536 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 Dora - mimetall

72536-00.jpg

- ref. 72545 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 Dora -  over Czech lands

72545-00.jpg

- ref. 72548 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D-9 & D-11 Dora - 2 in 1 - Platzschutzstaffel JV 44

72548-00.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora family by IBG Models - D-9 Cottbus & D-15 Torpedo released - new boxings