1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora by IBG Models - D-9, D-11, D-13 & D-15 released - new D-9 boxing in 2024

Homebee

November 13th - clue n°0. https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/photos/a.713820985406215/4613113998810208

D

257129879-4613113982143543-6638801785558

D for Dora ? Focke Wulf Fw.190D?

Could fit:

• five major manufacturing plants - Langenhagen, Cottbus, Sorau, Nordenahm, Kassel
  • four production versions - D-0, D-9, D-11, D-13
  • triple-blade propeller - yes
  • two engine types - Junkers Jumo 213A & 213F
  • first class kit
  • D -  Dora

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3003870129869146&set=p.3003870129869146&type=3

256725676-3003870123202480-8810619223161

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Focke Wulf Fw.190D

V.P.

Are you sure? Bit of a letdown, if you ask me - I'm not au courant with the state of the FW-190D art by any means, but I'd have thought we already had plenty of them, and IMG could have followed some other path less travelled, so to speak. But, if it's true, then I hope it's a huge financial success for them! It might even be the ultimate FW-190D in (I assume) 1/72 scale! :thumbsup:

John

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora family by IBG Models - info to be confirmed !
2 hours ago, Homebee said:

November 13th - clue n°0. https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/photos/a.713820985406215/4613113998810208

D

257129879-4613113982143543-6638801785558

D for Dora ? Focke Wulf Fw.190D?

Could fit. To be confirmed.

• five major manufacturing plants - Langenhagen, Cottbus, Sorau, Nordenahm, Kassel
  • four production versions - D, D-9, D-11, D-12
  • triple-blade propeller - yes
  • two engine types - Junkers Jumo 213A & 213F

Four production versions for the Dora is a bit of a stretch.. D-9, D-12 and D-13 were production versions, the few D-0 were preproduction, other variants were never built. So yes, 4 including a preproduction series though.

Of course the drawing published sure looks like a Dora...

I have Airfix, Academy, Tamiya, Italeri, Hasegawa and Hobby Boss Dora’s so I don’t need another one. However only Hobby Boss is easily available so perhaps it makes sense ! ( I’ll probably buy one anyway)

Wulfman

Edited by Wulfman

OK, info is released so I can confirm - Fw 190D family in 1/72.

After years of intense work, we are ready to present a new chapter in our production program. We, at IBG Models, constantly develop our capabilities in terms of both technology and content. This approach is a continuation of our commitment to the highest standards with the best possible representation of details and modelling in a kit form of as many versions of a subject airplane as possible. This kit is another milestone on our road to perfection. Our goal is to set new standards for 1/72 scale and finally give you an ultimate kit.

Our latest 1/72 project, Focke-Wulf Fw 190D, is a brand new set that was created based on the very broad factory documentation of the aircraft and uncountable period photos. We have made every effort to render the model to scale as faithfully as possible and in the process we’ve uncovered many aspects not described until now. This means that our kit may or may not comply with the modeller's plans published so far.

Project highlights include:

• All main versions are covered including D-9, D-11, D-13 and D-15 variants
  • All subcontractor of D-9 variations are included, covering external detail differences
  • We've made every effort to faithfully reproduce surface details, including hinges, covers, inspection hatches, fasteners and rivets
  • As the engine was visible through the wheel wells, a detailed replica of it (specific for a given version) was included in the kit
  • We used an unorthodox, ingenious solution for wing fitting, to enable the reproduction of details on the fuselage underside
  • We include a large set of stencil decals, covering all possible variants, including information/instruction plates
  • Decals are printed by Techmod, ensuring extremely high resolution, perfect register and good reaction to softening fluids

In our opinion this is simply the best Fw 190D kit ever produced in 1/72 scale!
More details, renderings and photos coming very soon!

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Info from IBG Models
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora family by IBG Models - in design
1 hour ago, Wulfman said:

I have Airfix, Academy, Tamiya, Italeri, Hasegawa and Hobby Boss Dora’s so I don’t need another one. However only Hobby Boss is easily available so perhaps it makes sense ! ( I’ll probably buy one anyway)

Wulfman

I must have around 45 1/72 Doras, but I doubt that will stop me from getting the IBG one.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora family by IBG Models - 3D renders - release in 2022
2 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I’ve always liked the ‘190D, and with the available 1/72 kits being somewhat lacklustre (Hasegawa being the best, imo), I’ll welcome anything that improves on that.

I agree, Hasegawa is the best !

Wulfman

I think the Fw 190D is a really good choice. Lots of colorful marking options and the competition is all rather dated and, apart from the Tamiya kit, not that easy to obtain other than from second hand outlets. I thought this would be a likely subject for Airfix to do and it still might be, being as the IBG kit won’t make any money for Airfix and, I would imagine, will be harder to obtain in the UK.

I am waiting for the D-23, anything else is not interesting.

Now seriously, if they'll tackle the Fw-190B that be another matter ... or the other prototypes like the V18 for example