1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora by IBG Models - D-9, D-11, D-13 & D-15 released - new D-9 boxing in 2024

Homebee

2 hours ago, Violet Club said:

Great news ! But what is the IIRC?

IIRC because some info were posted already on IBG Models page on Facebook in separate announcements:
22 November 2021: Today we would like to present a second chart, showing different options for D-11, D-12 and D-13 Fw-190D versions! The respective model editions will contain the parts needed to build a particular box version.
25 November 2021One more chart, this time showing variants and options of our upcoming Fw 190D-14 and D-15 kits! The respective model editions will contain the parts needed to build a particular box version.

Plus there was a comment under the post from 18 December 2021 about the prototypes: In limited editions we plan D-9,-11,-12,-13 and -14 prototypes.

2 hours ago, Violet Club said:

Is it the D-0 (also a prototype) ?  It will be great if other protos (not available in plastic), like the V-16, V-5, V-18.... will see the light in your range !

This is not my range :D

Going back to prototypes - as a general rule, releasing kits of prototypes that were so different from series-produced aircraft is not profitable. This is a topic for conversion manufacturers.

Edited by Piotr Mikolajski
Added quote

21 minutes ago, juergen.klueser said:

Do you plan one of the D-12/R14 or D-13/R14 Torpedo versions (these were not What if but "Musterbau")?

If you're asking about my plans for the Fw 190D, I'm not planning any modifications, just building kits straight out of the box.

If you are asking about the possibility of making such a kit out of a box, a set of prepared armament was already shown in this thread and none of the LT family torpedoes are in it.

Fw-190-D-External-Storage.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

If you're asking about my plans for the Fw 190D, I'm not planning any modifications, just building kits straight out of the box.

If you are asking about the possibility of making such a kit out of a box, a set of prepared armament was already shown in this thread and none of the LT family torpedoes are in it.

Thank you! So I will need both the 72535 for the D-12 plus the D-15 72540  for the torpedo equipment

Edited by juergen.klueser
correction
  • Like 1

Enjoy the boxarts :D

72532 — Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Marienburg (Late Production)

72532-00.jpg

72535 — Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-13 (Production Series)
72535-00.jpg

72536 — Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Mimetall
72536-00.jpg

72545 — Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Over Czech Lands
72545-00.jpg

72548 — Platzschutzstaffel JV 44 [Fw 190D-9 & Fw 190D-11] — 2 in 1
72548-00.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Being prepared for release in April.

72536 — Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Mimetall

https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/posts/5040929929361944

IBG Models April news should come out in the very beginning of the month, Fw 190D-9 Mimetall will be one of them. Check out the boxart and color schemes included in the box!

V.P.

• Like 2

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ibgmodels/posts/5058431150945155

Couple of days ago we've revealed the boxart and painting schemes for our upcoming Fw 190D-9 Mimetall, today it's time to show the other Doras contents - Fw 190D-9 Over Czech Lands boxart (by @Antonis Karydis ) and 3 painting schemes. Available very soon!

276060944-5058417690946501-4177903017024

277176881-5058418410946429-3493881961501
276317397-5058418414279762-4323682079225
276296764-5058418467613090-5807216942181

V.P.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have two of the first issue, early 'Cottbus' edition.

I could be tempted to buy a couple more, but I must confess that I am not really that knowledgeable on the various subtleties of the different versions. What might be the different parts included with these new versions?

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

I have two of the first issue, early 'Cottbus' edition.

I could be tempted to buy a couple more, but I must confess that I am not really that knowledgeable on the various subtleties of the different versions. What might be the different parts included with these new versions?

http://www.ibgmodels.com/resources/Fw190Dvar.pdf

John

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

I have to admit, I’m pretty gutted about the reliance on photo-etch on this model. I bought one, but I’m going to sell it on. I hate etched brass even more than I hate Marmite, and that’s a lot!

I think it's worth seeing this build thread beforehand, where there are quite a few hints:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/72nd_aircraft/fw-190d-from-ibg-no-corrections-but-alterations-up-t12419.html

I don't like PEs myself, but they are justified in this kit. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

I think it's worth seeing this build thread beforehand, where there are quite a few hints:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/72nd_aircraft/fw-190d-from-ibg-no-corrections-but-alterations-up-t12419.html

Not to me, it’s not. It’s a material I cannot get on with.

19 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Then I don't know what the problem is - you can assemble the kit without PE elements.

Which cannot be said about their (IBG) 1:72 Crusader Mk.II tank, unfortunately 😕

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m

9 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

..so the builder deviates from the construction sequence and then ends up with a large gap at the wing root ?  Seems totally unnecessary. For the average builder like myself the kit assembles easily enough and with no filler required. He then goes on to highlight a number of (largely self-inflicted) 'scary' moments. Admittedly the etch gear bays looked a little tricky but even they went together with no issues..

2 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..so the builder deviates from the construction sequence and then ends up with a large gap at the wing root ?  Seems totally unnecessary. For the average builder like myself the kit assembles easily enough and with no filler required. He then goes on to highlight a number of (largely self-inflicted) 'scary' moments. Admittedly the etch gear bays looked a little tricky but even they went together with no issues..

Neil,

That's not quite the point of this thread. In both cases the model assembles perfectly. In the thread it is shown how to deal with problems if one encounters them and explained where they come from. Basically to avoid them. The gaps shown in the pictures are done on purpose, they are intentionally reproduced mistakes of other modellers. This is (perhaps not clearly enough?) indicated in the text and in the photos.

Alternative assembly has nothing to do with those gaps, it is just showing that you can do it differently and it will work out fine. It was the result of observing other threads where people try to build a model without following the instruction (and you really should follow it).

Edited by HKR
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Then I don't know what the problem is - you can assemble the kit without PE elements.

If I omitted the photo etched parts, I'd end up with an empty gear bay, amongst other things, as I'm sure you well know. My point is that it could have been done in plastic, leaving the modeller the choice of that or the PE parts. Other manufacturers seem to manage this. As supplied, it's a kit that doesn't appeal. I wish I'd seen the reliance on PE before I bought the kit and not wasted my money, but c'est la vie.

It's perfectly OK to have differing opinions on this.

8 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

..so the builder deviates from the construction sequence and then ends up with a large gap at the wing root?

As @HKR explained, this is made on purpose to show how to avoid some issues and how to fix them if they were made already.

I'm posting this link because aside from fix hints the thread shows how to build this kit. Or maybe I should write: how the kit for intermediate modellers can be easy to build.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

If I omitted the photo etched parts, I'd end up with an empty gear bay, amongst other things, as I'm sure you well know. My point is that it could have been done in plastic, leaving the modeller the choice of that or the PE parts. Other manufacturers seem to manage this. As supplied, it's a kit that doesn't appeal. I wish I'd seen the reliance on PE before I bought the kit and not wasted my money, but c'est la vie.

It's perfectly OK to have differing opinions on this.

I agree to an extent with your view. I prefer plastic to etch but I can see what they're trying to achieve - an increased level of detail, accuracy and finesse which may not be possible any other way. The kit is just extending the 1/72 flight envelope a bit.

I suppose it's like those 1/35 AFV kits with million part tracks. You get the detail and scale fidelity, but have to put the work in, which may not be to everyone's taste. Fortunately, there are plenty of others to choose from. 

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Focke-Wulf Fw.190D Dora by IBG Models - D-9 Cottbus & D-15 Torpedo released - new boxings
2 hours ago, IanC said:

I suppose it's like those 1/35 AFV kits with million part tracks. You get the detail and scale fidelity, but have to put the work in, which may not be to everyone's taste. Fortunately, there are plenty of others to choose from.

This is a very good comparison. A full interior T-55 tank from MiniArt can have over 1000 parts. For someone who likes interiors, details and learning about vehicle construction this is an excellent choice. But this model will not be done in a weekend or two, so if someone wants to glue quickly and effortlessly, they should choose Tamiya. Which doesn't have as much detail and has 1/5 the parts of the MiniArt kit. But you can't have MiniArt's level of detail and interior with Tamiya's parts count and assembly speed.

• Like 3