F-6 F Hellcat. 1/48 eduard

Hi friends,

this is my reproduction of eduards F-6 Hellcat in 1/48.  I performed complete riveting. I built it 2 or 3 years ago. I used MRP colours and also used Splatter masks. A little bit overdone, as you can see at the cowling.  Otherwise an old kit , but perfect fit and even worth to build.  Had a lot of fun and like the little „Lolly“.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 66
  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

That's extraordinary work, if I had to pick out just one detail that makes this special, those exhaust stains are superb.

Brilliant, as usual 👍

Trying to work out why anyone would react to that build with a 'sad face' emoji 🤔

15 hours ago, Alan P said:

That's extraordinary work, if I had to pick out just one detail that makes this special, those exhaust stains are superb.

Brilliant, as usual 👍

Trying to work out why anyone would react to that build with a 'sad face' emoji 🤔

Hi Carl,

Proud that you like it.  Yes indeed I spent  a lot of time to the exhaust stains.  First put a very high diluted Tamiya Buff on it. Then worked further with oils for the streaks and very small brushes and blend them a little bit.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, russ c said:

That first photo blew me away Andy. Fantastic work, build, finish pic`s and all

Hi Russ,

glad you like it and hope you’re on your feet again! 😁 Thx for your kind comments.

Andy 

Well, what can I say?   That is fantastic Andy!  :worthy: Superb realism is evident throughout the entire presentation; weathered to perfection (and yes, those exhaust stains are superb :clap2:) and beautifully photographed too!    Please stop by the front office to pick up your trophy! 🏆   :D

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

What the others have said; if done in b&w, these pics could easily pass for  period photos! Very realistic weathering! :like:

Mike

Like that one ? 

Just now, Andy Dyck said:

Like that one ? 

spacer.png

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

Hi friends,

this is my reproduction of eduards F-6 Hellcat in 1/48.  I performed complete riveting. I built it 2 or 3 years ago. I used MRP colours and also used Splatter masks. A little bit overdone, as you can see at the cowling.  Otherwise an old kit , but perfect fit and even worth to build.  Had a lot of fun and like the little „Lolly“.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1