Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 935 "Martini"

Andy J

52 minutes ago, johnlambert said:

That's a beautiful looking shell and the tyres seem spot-on too.

Thanks John I'm looking forward to seeing all the parts fitted together ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

I don't.

ย 

I think they look sub-zero!! Brilliant stuff Andy - and that shell? Just stunning! :thumbsup:

ย 

K

Thanks Keith it was a good day at the bench today especially looking out of the window at all the snow in the back garden whilst I sat nice and snug at around 22ยฐ with a mug of hot tea and a plate full of chocolate brownies ๐Ÿ˜‹ย 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

Great result Andyย  the tire lettering looks spot onย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—

Another treasure is coming along.ย 

Love the model and your work.

Marco Fย 

Thanks Marco I really appreciate your comment ๐Ÿ‘ย 

This is really inspiring!

I have recently been on the lookout for this on EBay, but none to be found.

I did see a couple of the Tamiya long-tailed version, but at silly money, and from Australia. (Postage is phenomenal, not surprisingly).

I'll keep looking.ย 

ย 

Excellent work.

ย 

Cheers,

Alan.

• Like 1

So with the clear coat still drying there wasn't much for me to do today however I have fitted the wheels to the chassis and i think they look fine. Also something strange has appeared in the driving seat more out of boredom than anything else but I now have "Stig" sitting in my Porsche ๐Ÿค”. As fitting the figure was an afterthought unfortunately this Stig has no lower leg's so whatever you do don't stand in front of this car cus it ain't stopping ๐Ÿ˜‰. "Some say that he lost his legs running through a minefield chasing a packet of jammy dodgers " all i know is that he's called the " Disabled Stig " ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

Whether or not Stig stays in the driving seat remains to be seen but he's there for now ๐Ÿ™‚. Thanks for looking back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Alan R said:

This is really inspiring!

I have recently been on the lookout for this on EBay, but none to be found.

I did see a couple of the Tamiya long-tailed version, but at silly money, and from Australia. (Postage is phenomenal, not surprisingly).

I'll keep looking.ย 

ย 

Excellent work.

ย 

Cheers,

Alan.

Thanks Alan I picked up this kit on ebay at a very reasonable price but it took a fair bit of searching to find ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice progress and real beauty building there. You did nice job with tyre decals.

Thanks a little yellow paint and a Dunlop stencil was all that I used and then I very lightly sanded the paint to try and fade it down a bit ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

18 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

Been away a couple of days in only place in UK with no interwebย  , but car is coming along nicelyย  . Missed out on the "wheels for sale " line this time , but maybe on your next build !!!

ย Gary .ย 

Cheers Gary good to have you back mate ๐Ÿ‘ย 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

As fitting the figure was an afterthought unfortunately this Stig has no lower leg's so whatever you do don't stand in front of this car cus it ain't stopping

ย 

Safest place to stand cus he can't make it go either....!! :rofl2:

ย 

Kย 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Perhaps if you do Disabled Stif in the form of Original Stig (i.e. black) nobody will be able to tell you shopped his legs off.

ย 

Good work on this, your usual fast but good progress.

Thanks Spiny almost at the finishing line mate that is unless I decide to finish painting my little mate ๐Ÿ‘ย 

12 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

ย 

Safest place to stand cus he can't make it go either....!! :rofl2:

ย 

Kย 

Ahh ......but he can clever dick.....its an automatic slip it into drive and away you go.....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Andy J said:

Ahh ......but he can clever dick.....its an automatic slip it into drive and away you go.....๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Well, he would have to place his foot on the brake to be able to work the lever wouldn't he...ย 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Well, he would have to place his foot on the brake to be able to work the lever wouldn't he...ย 

Ok I give in ...you lot are too clever for me ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ‘

• Haha 1

So the shell will be cured tomorrow and I can crack on with the real work. To pass the time I've been playing with the figure supplied with the kit and now I'm finished with him the question is.....does he stay or should he go ๐Ÿค”. Let me know what you think and here's a couple of pics to help you decide ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

ย 

spacer.png

spacer.png

ย 

Like I said back to the real work tomorrow so thanks for looking and I'll be back soon ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Fnick said:

So you've got to let me know..... Should he stay or should he go...

ย 

I think he should stay.ย 

ย 

I on the other hand will get my ๐Ÿงฅ...

ย 

Nick

No need for the coat Nick post's like that are welcome in my wips ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks 1