Tamiya 1/24 Porsche 935 "Martini"

Andy J

3 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Not bad at all Andy. So how does he breathe?

There's a small gap between his nose and the inside of the helmet Jeroen.....whoops I can't believe I've just said that 🤣🤣👍

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Toftdale said:

Great job on the driver, he should definitely stay - Andy 

Thanks Andy that's good enough for me.....the Tamiya bloke is staying 🙂👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Windy37 said:

You can leave him in there for me , Andy . He looks happy enough to driving the 935 . 
Gary . 

Yep I agree and maybe it's just me but in the second pic it does actually look like he's enjoying himself....mind you I don't blame him i wish I was behind the wheel of this beast 🙂👍

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

I usually don't like figures in car models but you've done such a nice job of painting him I guess he can stick around (I bet you've already superglued him to the seat anyway... !! 🤣

K

Hiya Keith actually he's not glued in there yet and it's a bit of a game getting the poor chap in and out hence why I chopped his lower leg's off 😳. It's the first figure I've painted tbh and I quite enjoyed it especially when if it didn't work out I could just bin him. The shell will be ready for work tomorrow so hopefully i can get this build finished in the next couple of days 🙂👍

• Like 1

The shell looks gorgeous Andy and the figure too,.  The bits of dust landing on the shell in the wet gloss takes me back to spraying my cars in the drive then the garage and a fly would land in the wet paint.  I made the mistake of trying to get one put once, never again as ended up having to repaint the panel!!!

Great work on this

Chris

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

The shell looks gorgeous Andy and the figure too,.  The bits of dust landing on the shell in the wet gloss takes me back to spraying my cars in the drive then the garage and a fly would land in the wet paint.  I made the mistake of trying to get one put once, never again as ended up having to repaint the panel!!!

Great work on this

Chris

Thanks Chris the driver figure was just a bit of fun whilst I waited for the shell to dry properly. As for the bits of dust in the clear coat well I just accept them as part of the process mate and tbf there aren't too many anyway 🙂👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marco F. said:

Because of your great paint work you gave him...let him stay so he can dream about racing the Porsche 

Marco F 

Thanks Marco and the driver is staying put mate not something I would usually do but I think he looks fine 🙂👍

And so the journey ends I'm happy to say the Porsche 935 is finished and I'm very happy with the results. Here's a pic of the finished build with more to come shortly in the rfi section 

spacer.png

As always many thanks to everyone who followed along and commented during the build very much appreciated 👍. Thanks for looking back later 🙂👍

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks Flippin Awesome Andy  great work fella.  Does this mean it's time for the....???

Chris

It does indeed mate.....the Spitfire is next on the bench 🙂👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Superb result Andy bar most definitely raised!

Stay safe        Roger 

Thanks Roger i thourghly enjoyed this one and thanks for following along mate 🙂👍

10 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Well it's alright I suppose.... :whistle: 🤣

Cracking job again my friend, lovely Porker!! :thumbsup:

K

Thanks Keith a very nice kit for an old un 😉👍