Wich kit for f14 A. 1/48 scale

Anth

Hi gents  and ladies if any. 

Ok so if this is in the wro g section please can admin place it correctly apologise if it is,   

So my  question and my puzzle is wich kit would the wise recomend im doing a f14a  and a fe5    and hopeing to mount together,, 

But hinestly cant decide wich tomcat kit to choose from , i have a fe5 already so thats ok but the f14a?????. 

So hasagawa   trumpeter or tamiya,, or hobby boss,,, i will stay away from revell personal choice there,,  bad experiances with all revell kits,,, no price restrictions just want a good  nice fitting kit...  Wot would you recomend guys cheers, oh and 1/48  as my fe5  is 1/48,, 👍

1 minute ago, Anth said:

Cheers guys   so the tamiya 61114  yeah. Is this a new tooling as in updated version  do you know??? 

That's their A, which was their 1st 1/48 F-14. See https://www.scalemates.com/kits/tamiya-61114-grumman-f-14a-tomcat--559650.

They also have a D as well as a late-model A "Launch Set", 61122 with slats, flaps, the -A and ECM beavertails, 3 gun vent styles, and a figure. This 

All this from the guy with the HB 1/48 F-14s. :wall:

I stand corrxted just read that wth wings are fixed in take of position and cant be swept to neutral position so rhis scraps this kit as need it in dlight with wings swept back so  option a the 6114   that answers the question cheers guys 👍

5 hours ago, Anth said:

I stand corrxted just read that wth wings are fixed in take of position and cant be swept to neutral position so rhis scraps this kit as need it in dlight with wings swept back so  option a the 6114   that answers the question cheers guys 👍

You will find Tamiya 6114 one of the finest kits you've ever touched. I'm in the middle of a build right now: the engineering is simply staggering. If you want to invest in some AM for the cockpit, I highly recommend the Quinta Studio set. It all fits beautifully and looks amazing.

First of all: stay away from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss since it is full of panel and rivet lines that are nowhere could be found on the real thing.

Second: it all depends on what is your priority and how do you want to vuild it. If you want to build parked on the deck/ground or inflight with everything closed up your best bet is Tamiya. However if you want to have all things opened up like during the takeoff I am afraid Hasegawa is the only option, however building that one is not so easy.

1 hour ago, Doom3r said:

First of all: stay away from Trumpeter/Hobbyboss since it is full of panel and rivet lines that are nowhere could be found on the real thing.

Second: it all depends on what is your priority and how do you want to vuild it. If you want to build parked on the deck/ground or inflight with everything closed up your best bet is Tamiya. However if you want to have all things opened up like during the takeoff I am afraid Hasegawa is the only option, however building that one is not so easy.

That was true up to a few weeks ago but now Tamiya offers this option too:

https://tamiya.com/english/products/61122/index.htm

This is the box I would buy if money is no problem, as in this one Tamiya also included parts to build other production blocks of the Tomcat and not only the ones possible with the original box. Of course this is even more expensive than the original, reason why I specified that money has to be no problem....

• Thanks 1

Hi guys again thanks for the input. I think im going with the tamiya 6114 kit as i need it to be inflight depiction,  on its side as in passing the fe5 tiger i have  , kind of like the famous inverted move in the movie wich i wont mention except on its side slightly as if passing by, if i wanted to do a static it would be the late launch kit no doubt but as the wings a fixed for take of thats a no go. I was toying with the idea of mounting it behind the tiger with a sidewinder between then in a piece of realy thin wire or fibre optic but havent grasoed the trail from the missile as yet tried cotton wool strands ect but nothing looks cool as yet   so a flyby will do for now   mounted on clear styrene rods up the pipe so to speak.but as said the base f14 was the issue  but as seawinder sugested a good am kit for cockpit ect and sorted  ,, 

3 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

That was true up to a few weeks ago but now Tamiya offers this option too:

https://tamiya.com/english/products/61122/index.htm

This is the box I would buy if money is no problem, as in this one Tamiya also included parts to build other production blocks of the Tomcat and not only the ones possible with the original box. Of course this is even more expensive than the original, reason why I specified that money has to be no problem....

Oh wow. Did not know that - I thought it was just a rebox of the old one. Hmm was waiting on AMK to release A model. Looks like the wait is over.

12 minutes ago, Doom3r said:

Hmm was waiting on AMK to release A model. Looks like the wait is over.

I think that you may have been waiting until hell froze over for that one, especially after the wait for the original kit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jabba said:

I think that you may have been waiting until hell froze over for that one, especially after the wait for the original kit.

Well considering AMK doesn't exsist anymore, you're more than correct.

This thread should have ended with Tamiya. The Tamiya kit is one of those that renders all other kits if the subject absolutley pointless.