Tamiya 1/24 Sierra RS500 "Texaco "

I've enjoyed watching the build and the finished result is something to be proud of.  Although I don't really build competition cars I'm more tempted than ever to track down one of the kits that are still out there.  The problem is that I'd then have to buy some more Group A cars to keep it company.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kodiopa said:

Clean  and  Perpect..!

I only saw this car in Tamiya Cadalog in the past, and it's so nice to see it again.

Thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍. This car doesn't seem to appear very often but I will be building a few more in the future 🙂

4 hours ago, johnlambert said:

I've enjoyed watching the build and the finished result is something to be proud of.  Although I don't really build competition cars I'm more tempted than ever to track down one of the kits that are still out there.  The problem is that I'd then have to buy some more Group A cars to keep it company.

Thanks John there are still many of these kits available but prices vary considerably. If you do decide to buy one be prepared to source aftermarket decals as the original decals will almost certainly be less than perfect. Nothing wrong with buying a load of Group A car's John infact sounds quite exciting to me 😉👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

Outstanding! Inspiration for me to start mine soon. Well done, Andy!

Ben

Thanks Ben I look forward to following your build when you make a start 🙂👍

10 minutes ago, Anteater said:

A great result, I look forward to seeing you build a grid full of them. 😎 

Thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍 

Tremendous and looks every bit a Cosworth. I’m of an age where these were the racer of the day, and if you’ve ever been lucky enough to see and hear them in anger……..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, speedy said:

Tremendous and looks every bit a Cosworth. I’m of an age where these were the racer of the day, and if you’ve ever been lucky enough to see and hear them in anger……..

Thanks Speedy I'm glad you like it 🙂👍

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

This looks absolutely stunning Andy, it's a great scheme and you've done a cracking job fella. Love it.

Chris

Thanks Chris I'm very happy with the final result mate 👍 

12 hours ago, paulyoung666 said:

Gorgeous, I’ve got one of these on its way in that scheme , when you say you didn’t like the scheme you had , which one was it ? , I’ve got one in the trumpio ? scheme which I’ve bought the labatts one for with the correct zero paint 👍

spacer.png

Hiya Paul the pic above shows the kit I started out with and the SK decals i used for this build. I didn't use the zero jet black paint for the build instead i used Tamiya X1 🙂👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FunkyChiken said:

The finish is excellent, that 2k really pops... 

Thanks for the comment much appreciated 👍. As for the 2K finish well it doesn't suit everyone but I like to use it sometimes 🙂👍