F-35A drag chute

Arie Vos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 5:48 AM, Arie Vos said:

I happen to stumble across some RNoAF F-35A pictures.

https://www.f-16.net/g3/f-35-photos/album502/album522/5387-445457890

Seems they now are equipped with a drag chute. Does anyone know if there is a 1/72 aftermarket set?

I think its doable specially in 1/72 scale

it is really a big thing....

5206-1178363836.jpg?m=1636119541

https://www.f-16.net/g3/var/resizes/f-35-photos/album502/album522/5206-1178363836.jpg?m=1636119541

wonder what takes up that much space....

I already se the Israeli airforce putting secret electronic stuff in this stealthy extra volume! ;) 

• Confused 1

It doesn't look like that complex a shape, make your own - laminate some plastic card, sand to shape, scribe according to taste and/or ability. Glue into position, build rest of kit. Easy, even if the subject is as ugly as a bucketful of monkey bums. 

On 12/4/2021 at 4:40 AM, Boman said:

Been thinking since I saw this topic first time, and wonder if the gondola from an Tornado GR1/4 might be a good starting point? 🤔

Hi Boman

Well I been trying to convince myself to do that (cast a master) for Gironixix Resins LTD very typical of our own projects, so If you need one in 1/72 scale then contact me privately  and I send it to you because you are the one who push be a bit to do it (easy fellow I am)

Maybe you can help with more photos to help speed project to be shipped next January 2022

Regards

Armando

19 hours ago, RAGATIGER said:

Hi Boman

Well I been trying to convince myself to do that (cast a master) for Gironixix Resins LTD very typical of our own projects, so If you need one in 1/72 scale then contact me privately  and I send it to you because you are the one who push be a bit to do it (easy fellow I am)

Maybe you can help with more photos to help speed project to be shipped next January 2022

Regards

Armando

Thanks Armando, but I build 1/48. My loss I guess 😜

• 11 months later...