-BLOHM & VOSS BV 138 - 1/48

' Another kit resin requiring a sheer lot of work to be acceptable.

- The kit is from MPM-HML - All resin kit

rNfhIq.jpg

ozrksE.jpg

TNf23x.jpg

6QSBR1.jpg

ti3FVl.jpg

lyeBcG.jpg

KGAcSf.jpg

wBRiTe.jpg

KvYgNi.jpg

vlpEog.jpg

Tyl1xD.jpg

FzfHDT.jpg

kySy4R.jpg

5JUbJz.jpg

En9Ka2.jpg

k56GfS.jpg

ABQZz5.jpg

-These WIP photos illustrates the most spectacular work done on this kit

• Like 56

Great model of the 'Fliegender Holzschuh' 👍 HML did some very interesting subjects which were (and like in this case are) not available in injection moulded form.

That reminds me of my youth when an LHS had some HML kits in stock. I was magically drawn to them but they were out of my price range at that time. They also had such nice things like a Cutting Edge He 111B conversion in 1/48 which would be worth their weight in gold nowadays.

At that time they were available but I didn't have the money. Now I would have the money but they are no longer available :rolleyes:

Cheers

Markus

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Great model of the 'Fliegender Holzschuh' 👍 HML did some very interesting subjects which were (and like in this case are) not available in injection moulded form.

That reminds me of my youth when an LHS had some HML kits in stock. I was magically drawn to them but they were out of my price range at that time. They also had such nice things like a Cutting Edge He 111B conversion in 1/48 which would be worth their weight in gold nowadays.

At that time they were available but I didn't have the money. Now I would have the money but they are no longer available :rolleyes:

Cheers

Markus

If you have the money:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/133185027408?hash=item1f02723d50:g:jGAAAOSwr7ddjiJZ

Volker

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Cheers

Markus

-Hallo Markus

- I bought these kits from Hannants when they were available during some Scale Model World, at an affordable price, already on the high level for those days - It was  happy time of the "ancient world", no Covid, and above all, no Brexit. I remember  having built an He 111B in Spanish war colors, with some transkit but it is a blurr souvenir and I have no photo evidence of it, but I do have their Fw 187 and Arado Ar 240, I wil  show them in R.F.I later.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, VolkerR. said:

Ohhh, just 580€ including shipping. Well, I think I don't want it that much :D

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

but I do have their Fw 187 and Arado Ar 240, I wil  show them in R.F.I later.

Oh yes, please show them. Quite a coincidence as these are the two HML kits I own too. The only other one I would like to have is the Bv 138. Of course, CMK has some available at 'just' 317,40€: https://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/blohm-voss-bv-138c-1/

So should I resist the urge or not? Decisions, decisions :hmmm:

Cheers

Markus

15 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Ohhh, just 580€ including shipping. Well, I think I don't want it that much :D

Oh yes, please show them. Quite a coincidence as these are the two HML kits I own too. The only other one I would like to have is the Bv 138. Of course, CMK has some available at 'just' 317,40€: https://www.cmkkits.com/en/aircraft/blohm-voss-bv-138c-1/

So should I resist the urge or not? Decisions, decisions :hmmm:

Cheers

Markus

- I've just posted the FW 187 in the wrong W.I.P pages- With the help of our administrators I have hope it will be fixed.

This is photos of the Ar 240 - I didn't find "the" good idea to show it in a saynette

WhbWmD.jpg

b8QTJy.jpg

XFB5oA.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Wow- that's a LOT of resin- bet it weighs a metric tonne! Very impressive build of a very unusual but from all accounts very effective flying boat!

Mike

-It 's an happyness there's no landing gear to stand that weight, but shown in its elements, it's quite easy  hence my idea of this saynette. The wings, 3 engines and booms are one piece block of resin; In the first photos, a craddle is visible to help working on the monster