JG7 film showing the Kommodore's Me 262

SafetyDad

Sorry about this, two threads in 20 minutes!

However I hope you'll agree it's worth it. Go to 1:17 and there's a few seconds of a new Me262 to me - it carries the full markings of the Geschwader Kommodore of JG7. We've become used to a 262 marked with  -+- , it appears on several decal sheets, but this is new to me! Pretty sure I haven't seen any pics of this aircraft before. Doesn't seem to carry the Blue/Red RVD bands, but does have the 'running hound' emblem of JG7. 

I would appreciate the comments of other posters on here who share my interest in the late war Luftwaffe.

SD

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, steh2o said:

If I look at the screen at an angle, it seems to me (1'18") that the red/blue band is there

Thanks for that - I've had a much closer look and I agree - the RVD bands are there.

SD

8 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

I would appreciate the comments of other posters on here who share my interest in the late war Luftwaffe.

SD

Posted a few years ago in fact (around 2010). Robert Forsyth used it in his Osprey JG 7 book

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

SD

..at the time there was a suggestion that there was a 'green 2' underneath the greyhound, so an unusual machine wearing a combination of Geschwader and Gruppe markings if that is the case. 

Just now, FalkeEins said:

..at the time there was a suggestion that there was a 'green 2' underneath the greyhound, so an unusual machine wearing a combination of Geschwader and Gruppe markings if that is the case. 

Yes,  I've just been over to your blog and reviewed your description - the Green 2 is beyond my ageing eyes, but it's a neat looking 262.

Thanks for the pointer

SD