***Finished***Gasehawa F-86

PhantomBigStu

Spent most of this year either finishing or disposing builds, (baring one that gone away into storage for a while and another that will definitely be built for this, but a got a few hanging around to pick from. 

First Lot 

51656325678_d2955d1540_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

B-25 winning the popular vote so far, fitting as my first KUTA entry and completion was my first attempt at the Airfix kit and it’s the longest serving build, started it in the spring of 2019 after the build had a horrible accident  before life and other builds got in the way. 

• Like 3

• PhantomBigStu changed the title to Airfix B-25 and Heller Mirage

Been doing some sorting out and as well as culling the aforementioned other build I culled the b-2, and unintentionally the gnat as I tried to correct the bad step in the wing fuselage join. But anyway decided will indeed progress the b-25 and a finish that mirage iv off 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 3

Well actually turns out it wasn’t my first KUTA, that was a eurofighter 3 years earlier…anyway here was the previous build, this time will be easier as the decals include a non stripy one, though part of me wonders if I should get the xtradecal sheet and do one not in OD/NG

31309566367_97b3b05b88_b.jpg

51680025785_261297891d_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Dansk said:

don’t forget to put a shedload of noseweight in the mitchell stu. 😉

Ain't it a bit late for that?

JR

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

no. theres no glass installed yet

Hi Paul,

I don't know the kit. Can weights be pushed behind the pilots' seats? Filling up the bomber's position with lead wouldn't look to hot!

Cheers

JR

42 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Paul,

I don't know the kit. Can weights be pushed behind the pilots' seats? Filling up the bomber's position with lead wouldn't look to hot!

Cheers

JR

Loads here painted black I reckon -

51735765051_eb3b5de0ce_b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This went horribly wrong a few weekends back when it came to the clear parts, couldn’t get some to fit, lost a landing light part into another dimension though good old revell clear sorted them out only for the canopy to brake on the Monday hence the thread went dark. Couldn’t get a spare but all is not lost, decided to use the one the more framed one the kit came with to do an raf one so the pink will be repainted olive drab resized_b099a555-a08a-4e23-8a67-011693d1