Problem with brand new Badger Renegade Krome

iamjohnsname

Hello all, I need some help with my brand new, non-functioning Renegade Krome. 

It came in the kit with the .2 & .3mm needle/nozzle/regulators. But the .2mm regulator, part RK-058 is attached to that RK-001 hold down ring from now until eternity. It may as well be welded on there because it is NEVER coming off.

So I bought a new hold down ring to attach to the back of the included RK-059 so I could use the .3mm needle and nozzle. 

But the store sold me a hold down ring labelled R-001 instead of RK-001. They assured me that Badger says it’s the same part. So I tried it.

It seems to screw onto the front of the brush ok, but it just will not screw all the way into the back of the RK-059 regulator! When I tried to use it, paint just bubbled up out of the cup and shoots out the join between the regulator and the hold down ring.

Any ideas what’s going on? 

Multiple emails to Badger support have gone unanswered. So I’m turning to you!

Thanks in advance!

• 8 months later...

On a brand new brush I'd be returning it to where you bought it from and asking for a new one myself. No way should you have to be trying out parts to get it to work. I lost faith in Badger many years ago when I had a problem with my Badger 150 which was supposed to have a 'lifetime warranty' on the teflon seal. After I sent it to them with valid warranty card attached, they repaired it and rang me to collect payment for the repair before they would return it. Needless to say I paid it and got the brush back, but it needed repairing again the following year for the same problem so I threw it in a drawer and bought a Tamiya brush and never looked back..