WW2 Twins GB Chat

• 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 22
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 23
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 24

Count me in please, I should have my Mojo back by 2024 surely, quite enjoying my Meteor build at the moment and got a couple to enter in GB's next year.

I'll definitely be doing an Airfix Beaufort with an HPM DAP P&W conversion to do an RAAF bird, an early one probably.

Also have an AZ Hampden and a few different Soviet types including the intriguing Yermolayev Yer-2 (an Amodel kit which I've never built an kit from this manufacturer🙄).

Davey.

• Like 2

• 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 25
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 26

Quick question,  if you were to build a French plane in Vichy colours would it be OK in this GB, or the Allies Twin GB or would I have to start a 3rd, "Sitting on the Fence" Twin GB ?

Cheers Pat

• Haha 1

Gidday Pat aka @JOCKNEY, I believe Vichy French aircraft actually attacked HMS Sheffield off Gibraltar. In my book that would make them an 'enemy' if I were aboard the Shiny Sheff. But I don't know if Vichy France was part of the definition of 'Axis". The GB leader has the decision I guess. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Thanks Gents

I suppose you could build an Italian aircraft with one paint scheme and decals in this GB then the same aircraft with later paint scheme and alternative decals in the Allied  twin GB for later on in the war? :wink:

Cheers Pat

55 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks Gents

I suppose you could build an Italian aircraft with one paint scheme and decals in this GB then the same aircraft with later paint scheme and alternative decals in the Allied  twin GB for later on in the war? :wink:

Cheers Pat

Yes I'd take that as such. Also, for example, shouldn't Finnish aircraft post September -44, that were turned against the Germans in the Lapland War, also be included in the Allied GB :giggle:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 27!!
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins (@24)
9 hours ago, 81-er said:

Indeed, we really want both GBs to make it over the line :)

Gidday, that's great sportsmanship. 👍 To achieve that end is it viable to combine both GBs into one? Sorry for the repeat if this has already been discussed.       Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, that's great sportsmanship. 👍 To achieve that end is it viable to combine both GBs into one? Sorry for the repeat if this has already been discussed.       Regards, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff, we have indeed discussed this with James! We regard that as the last possible option, though, as both subjects deserve their own group builds. There are many Britmodellers that would like to participate in both, and four months may not be enough to build two Twins. Thus, it would be optimal to have both, separate group builds and schedule them in the calendar so that they wouldn't overlap at all. So, I hope many of us join the list and remember to VOTE if we make it to the Bunfight 🙂. V-P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As this one is rapidly approaching the point of entering the Bunfight, I feel it's only fair to mention the Axis Twins GB as well. I know many of you have signed up for it, but for any who haven't, please consider it. It's very much the hope of VP and myself that we get both GBs into the calender :)

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1