WW2 Twins GB Chat

I will sign up please, I have a few kits in the stash that could do with being built. More details soon - (ie before the Bunfight anyway),

Ray

Edited by Ray S
corrected spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

"You can check out any time you like but you can never leave ! " :giggle:

If it's a hobby shop, I probably wouldn't mind at all!

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, if you date your model 1945 you probably would be! 😁 Regards, Jeff.

So, am I a POW - or just too drunk to find my way out of the bar..?

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Thom216 said:

I'm assuming this could also include contraprop, or does it have to be two nacelles?

The concept is two power units, so two nacelles, an engine either end of the aircraft etc. I think we can classify a contraprop as one propeller unit, so if you could find an aircraft from the timeframe with two contraprops in individual nacelles (not that I can think of any off the top of my head), then that would be eligable :) 

15 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Is a Me410 in Soviet markings an Axis Twin or a Allied Twin?

Axis, as it's a captured aircraft rather than one bought by the Soviets :)

James

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Is a Me410 in Soviet markings an Axis Twin or a Allied Twin?

1 hour ago, 81-er said:

Axis, as it's a captured aircraft rather than one bought by the Soviets :)

No, no way there'd be any builds with red stars in the Axis & Co. GB! Its rules say nothing of the origins of the plane, but "Eligible subjects would be aircraft used operationally by Germany, Italy, Japan, Finland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Slovakia, and Croatia". I can't see the Soviet Union mentioned in that list! On the other hand, e.g. a Luftwaffe Potez 63 or an Ilmavoimat Pe-2 would both be welcome! V-P

Thanks V-P. I probably should have done better with my explanation, I meant that the Me 410 was an Axis aircraft, rather than suggesting it would be ok to build one with red stars in the Axis GB. However, as the key word is operationally, I think I should just scrap my previous answer and say "If you can prove it was used operationally in the markings you intend to model within the timeframe, then it's welcome". So @arfa1983, if you've got evidence the Soviets used it in operations rather than just in testing, it'll be eligible. Apologies for any confusion!

James

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 19
37 minutes ago, 81-er said:

I'm only slightly jealous that you have both the Tamiya 1/32 and Airfix 1/24 kits in that haul ;) 

James

The terrible thing is, I bought both of them when they first came out, and they've moved house 4 times since then and I still haven't had the time to build them!!  Roll on retirement! 😯

• Like 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins

A pleasure to have you along, Ray :)

James

7 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

The terrible thing is, I bought both of them when they first came out, and they've moved house 4 times since then and I still haven't had the time to build them!!  Roll on retirement! 😯

So this GB could be their time? Or at least one of them, I think attempting both in a GB timeframe would be heroic!

James

• Like 1
  • Haha 1