WW2 Twins GB Chat

On 08/11/2021 at 11:14, vppelt68 said:

Eligible subjects would be those

1. aircraft used operationally by the German Luftwaffe between 1935-1945 (no earlier, no later, no paper planes or prototypes) AND
  2. aircraft were using two propellers (not one, not three, not four, but two propellers) or jet engines.

1 minute ago, Adam Poultney said:

Or jets?

Like I already wrote :coolio:. V-P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

Would condor legion schemes count? 

I think they were a Luftwaffe undercover job, with an enormous impact in their tactical and individual skills, thus their twins are eligible (no Stukas, 109:s or bi-planes).

5 hours ago, Marklo said:

Actually I was thinking of a Ju86 or an early He 111 the ones with the two piece nose glazing.

c8f27911-c3e5-40fb-b30f-64e7249d4dc5.jpe

Isn't that the Roden kit ?

I believe strong alcohol and a stress punchbag are mandatory when attempting to build this kit !

Best of luck, I'll ask BM if they award medals 🏅 for valour 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Isn't that the Roden kit ?

I believe strong alcohol and a stress punchbag are mandatory when attempting to build this kit !

Best of luck, I'll ask BM if they award medals 🏅 for valour 

Cheers Pat 

Sad that early variants of many aircraft which are less famous but often better looking are so often underrepresented in kit form... 

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Thanks 1

In a brilliant twist it seems that both the Ju88 and Do17 STGBs are still in the running in the last few hours of the Bunfight, head over there and vote if you want to see either of them this year (I've put my votes in!).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

In a brilliant twist it seems that both the Ju88 and Do17 STGBs are still in the running in the last few hours of the Bunfight, head over there and vote if you want to see either of them this year (I've put my votes in!).

They both made it! Now, we can stand still with this thread for a while... but get ready and pumped up in good time before the next Bunfight :yahoo:. V-P

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having had my interest in the Luftwaffe reinvigorated by the Do 17 GB and not wanting to build anything in my stash with red stars on it (there's quite a lot of them too) for obvious reasons I think its about time I built a few more Luftwaffe models so you can sign me up for this one VP. Not sure what yet as I have a lot to choose from ( Bf 110's, Do 17/217's, He 111, Ju 88/188's, Me 262's and an Me 410 that I can think of straight away) but I really do want to get some more built.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Cough cough cough Pillar Of Fire cough cough cough!

You mean Craig would build only one Schwalbe? Of course he's planning to build one in both of these group builds.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

Cough cough cough Pillar Of Fire cough cough cough!

Is that a subtle hint?😁

36 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

You mean Craig would build only one Schwalbe? Of course he's planning to build one in both of these group builds.

Well, I do have more than one kit, I know you're shocked aren't you.😂

🇺🇦

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Is that a subtle hint?😁

We can call it that....  Or I could come clean and say that no subtlety was harmed in the making of my previous post!

• Haha 2