1:32 Stearman PT17

RMCS

My latest addition. Despite saying I don't do 1:32, This is my second one this year! ICM  have produced a cracking kit, with a stunning scheme. It goes together beautifully and the decals are first class!

DSC_7325

DSC_7324

DSC_7336

DSC_7347

DSC_7333

DSC_7334

• Like 37

A cracking model nicely photographed, their 1/32 scale Gladiator is another good model.

My question about the photography. I build bi planes and find that the top wing inevitably casts a strong shadow on large sections of the model. How did you light these pictures?

Also assume that you “photo shopped” out the background and increased the depth of field with a small aperture setting.

Any hints would be appreciated.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Excellent fit and finish! :clap2:

What paint and colors did you use?

Thanks I used MRP paints, RAF marking  yellow and grabber blue

12 hours ago, RAS said:

A cracking model nicely photographed, their 1/32 scale Gladiator is another good model.

My question about the photography. I build bi planes and find that the top wing inevitably casts a strong shadow on large sections of the model. How did you light these pictures?

Also assume that you “photo shopped” out the background and increased the depth of field with a small aperture setting.

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thank you. I have a light set up with remote flashes. No photo shopping,  just a plain white background. Yes the smallest aperture setting to increase depth of field.

6 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

One of my favorites…..it looks perfect. Congratulations!  What did you take for rigging! It looks very convincing! 

Thx for sharing 

Andy

Thanks Andy.  I used ee zee line and painted it aluminum  once done

• Thanks 1