1/12 Hasegawa Kawasaki KH400-A3/A4

Hi all, this Hasegawa kit was given to me to build a few months back, the owner of the kit is restoring a full size bike and wants me to build this "mini me" version.

I have built Hasegawa's Suzuki GT380 Sebring a while back, and it was a real pleasure to put together, so this Kawa triple should be just as good.

KUPYL7W.jpg
sTqBtdE.jpg
Toz3lCr.jpg

• Like 5

I loved making the KH250, which is the same kit but with a different box.  It is only let down is the moulded springs on the rear suspension, but these are easy fixes.  Even the spokes are well done.  I ended up using the KH400 shocks as these did not have the reflectors on them.  I did a WIP back in January.

I did get the Hobby Design PE kit for it, and used hardly any of it, apart from the seat strap.

Tony

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I have started work on the engine construction, the detailing and engineering of this kit is excellent. The carburettors are split into not quite 2 halves, but the fit is so tight, it really only needed minimal glue.

The exhaust silencers have a stepped seam; they do need the chrome plating scraping off the glue points, but once that's done the fit is superb. I painted the full-size bikes bodywork for the owner a few months back, and had enough paint left over to easily paint "mini me".

Next is to fit the decals on the tank and tail pod/side panels and give them a final clear coat. That’s it for now folks, happy modelling.

Ny6cOjt.jpg
98h8tzh.jpg
0aWHa7O.jpg
gAq5owR.jpg
6F793Sl.jpg
R9rls5H.jpg
YmT7gLD.jpg
994fznG.jpg
DHRDTiA.jpg
bHjumnB.jpg

• Like 5

Hi all, just a quick update on the progress so far on this build. The paintwork on the tank, tail unit and side panels are completed.

The rolling chassis are together, next is to fit the tail light, indicator lenses and side reflectors, then the very fiddly job of adding all of the cables and wiring, my least favourite part of a bike build, but it does bring the model to life.

Lots of hand detail painting and light weathering to complete the model is going to be the final part of this build that should all be completed by the end of the month. Thanks for all of your interest and comments.

wnf3Z3K.jpg
yYWWtK4.jpg
1wmUgiV.jpg
Wamh8RX.jpg
nm6uRcF.jpg
DHbmjMN.jpg
hSLKqu1.jpg

• Like 5

...still great work and a good progress,  can't await to see the final pics. 

If you will find a good photo background noone would be able to judge if it's 1:1 or 1:12.

The paint job proves your professionell background 

Marco F 

• Thanks 1