HMS Legion to the rescue!

Dear Fellow Modellers

I completed the Flyhawk HMS Legion earlier in May but was not satisfied with the results, so did some more photos today.  As some of you may know, HMS Legion took off many of the crew of HMS Ark Royal when she was torpedoed in the Eastern Mediterranean on 13th November 1941

mqaORNH.jpg

BRU210k.jpg

BFX0ueI.jpg

G5c9iE5.jpg

Hope you like it?

Andrew

• Like 56
  • Thanks 2

Surely we do like it!
Your diorama greatly creates that unique environment of the Mediterranean with the ship which I personally love.

FlyHawk kits are amazing too: you can just buy one and start building, because you have everything you need to witness a fine model at the end with no extra actions, kits and scratchbuilding.

Congratulations!

Interesting thought about the Ark Royal as a companion piece.  I have noticed that Trumpeter have a new kit out on the carrier.  I haven't seen any reviews although I think I saw a blog start and it seemed a little underwhelming.  Problem is Flyhawk really spoil you!

Regards to snowy Arkhangelsk!

Andrew

• Like 1

Seascape - realistic and extremely well done (would love to know your technique); model - simply stunning, one of those that look like a photo of the real thing, and lots of action going on. Together - hugely impressive, I've actually been re-viewing this page over and over again since Sunday, but still cannot think of the words to describe how much I like this.

Flyhawk kits are quite amazing, and seeing this build I know I've done the right thing in purchasing one of these myself. But, and it's a big but, I'll be quite ecstatic if I can get a result close to this.

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks fantastic. Highly elevated guns give very dynamic and aggresive look, and background create atmosphere. The sky is real or is it digital addition? I like it vry much.

Regards, Michał

Simply outstanding.  I really don't know how you get that much detail into a scale so small.

I once made a comment in another thread that was debating the pros and cons of maritime scales that I thought 1/700 looked a bit toy-like because the masts and gun barrels were all way to thick.  I now fully recognise that that is now erroneous given the quality of both the Flyhawk range and models such as this.

• 3 weeks later...