SBD 5 Dauntless

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

WOW! That's wonderful! What's the kit like to build? I've been tempted to buy but haven't made the move yet.

Are you too young to know how happy the community was when Accurate arrives on the market some 20 years ago? It is a very pleasant kit to build and so well researched!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zigomar said:

Are you too young to know how happy the community was when Accurate arrives on the market some 20 years ago? It is a very pleasant kit to build and so well researched!

I'm old enough to remember when this kit was first issued. I'm also old enough to remember when Hasegawa's F-86F in 1/32 scale was first released and the kit was, for the time, priced at an incredibly high price of $4.50! When I bought my first Monogram 1/72 B-52D, when that kit was first released, my boss at the SH Kress Store, where I ordered it, thought I was absolutely crazy to spend $15 for a model airplane kit. If he were alive today he'd probably go into cardiac arrest if he saw what quality plastic models can cost now.

16 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I'm old enough to remember when this kit was first issued. I'm also old enough to remember when Hasegawa's F-86F in 1/32 scale was first released and the kit was, for the time, priced at an incredibly high price of $4.50! When I bought my first Monogram 1/72 B-52D, when that kit was first released, my boss at the SH Kress Store, where I ordered it, thought I was absolutely crazy to spend $15 for a model airplane kit. If he were alive today he'd probably go into cardiac arrest if he saw what quality plastic models can cost now.

I did not mean to offense you in anyway. The AM SBD is still a great kit. best regards my friend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zigomar said:

I did not mean to offense you in anyway. The AM SBD is still a great kit. best regards my friend.

I wasn't offended in any way and if the tone of my reply suggests that I was, please forgive my failure to communicate my thoughts better. The point of my reply was that I remember when the AM Dauntless was new and remember even further back when the kits I mentioned were also new. I am 71 years old now and can remember my very first plastic model airplane kit, the Comet F9F-6 Cougar. I probably had more glue on the outside than you can imagine and it didn't look pretty when it was done, but I remember it because it was my first plastic model. It cost 29 cents US at the time.

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I wasn't offended in any way and if the tone of my reply suggests that I was, please forgive my failure to communicate my thoughts better. The point of my reply was that I remember when the AM Dauntless was new and remember even further back when the kits I mentioned were also new. I am 71 years old now and can remember my very first plastic model airplane kit, the Comet F9F-6 Cougar. I probably had more glue on the outside than you can imagine and it didn't look pretty when it was done, but I remember it because it was my first plastic model. It cost 29 cents US at the time.

Being 70 we are of the same batch of modellers, but remember in those days, models were toys! All the best!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beau mais pourquoi pas un avion de l'aeronavale?🙂

Saluti

Giampiero

Merci mon ami, parce que mon interet c'est la Guerre du Pacifique! Ciao e a presto Giampiero.

• Like 1