Tamiya 1/48 Jagdtiger

Hi,

This is my recently completed Tamiya 1/48 Jagdtiger. I also added metal grilles and barrel from Aber. The remainder of the metalwork was made using scrap photo-etch. Painted in Lifecolor acrylics and weathered with Winsor & Newton oils and Ammo Mig products.

Another cracking kit from Tamiya in the 1/48 range and highly recommended.

Thanks for looking

Stuart

resized_649ad4ad-b7dd-4515-8d3a-5a104cd4

resized_2c9f2582-eb92-4c10-b444-2b8fd757

resized_db702bbf-f355-4f9a-a155-4f1777d2

resized_acf11ce6-1b76-44b7-b737-1162d5a5

A little diorama set in late autumn 1944. Somewhere in the Ruhr valley. The figure in the tank is standing up for a chat...I realize this is not the normal driving position!

resized_fb7442d6-b951-49d7-aec8-31a6d5ff

resized_31fc1920-559b-4d7d-ae3f-1b546abd

resized_9c7de7f9-e1eb-4fc9-9e09-a3ab3164

resized_68c7f158-d97d-4a6e-8d7d-fed9b2dd

resized_0193e2d6-787e-42db-92da-ad5a664b

resized_c08e2cb1-791b-45ec-b68c-d4329db0

resized_f2fa648e-15db-437a-8327-330c316a

resized_38537593-3ef8-4474-a00e-8728a28d

resized_e9c5b83f-058e-4fde-8f4c-85bfc149

resized_09cd9d7c-c9d5-411d-9805-e97c7d2c

resized_88e56483-7646-45f8-aa72-be8471fa

resized_edab88c5-00c6-4532-ac12-8fcc0a13

resized_2b86fd67-5053-4227-8ef0-994eb225

Cheers

Stuart

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

That is cracking Stuart. Great painting, camo and weathering is spot on and the dio sets it off really well. The photos also very good, especially the last two, darkened ones. Definitely evoking an autumnal feel. Bravo.👏👍

• Thanks 1

That really is very, VERY, impressive Stuart. Beautifully modelled, painted, weathered and presented. A very effective set of photos. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stef N. said:

That is cracking Stuart. Great painting, camo and weathering is spot on and the dio sets it off really well. The photos also very good, especially the last two, darkened ones. Definitely evoking an autumnal feel. Bravo.👏👍

Many thanks Stef for your kind comments. It's greatly appreciated.

Glad you like the photos and yes I think looking out of the window must have given me some subconscious inspiration for the autumn setting!

Cheers

4 hours ago, Carius said:

Great job Stuart, i lide that a lot

Cesar

Many thanks Cesar and glad you like it. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is very, VERY, impressive Stuart. Beautifully modelled, painted, weathered and presented. A very effective set of photos. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix for your comments it's much appreciated and pleased you like it.

I've voted for the Sherman group build and will sign up if it makes the cut. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Stuart

• Like 1

Very nicely done! You've done a great job on the camo and have definitely captured that autumnal feeling in the pics. 

And I've got to ask about those leaves-at first i thought it was just crushed up real leaf but then i saw some with actual leaf shapes mixed in there- is this some aftermarket product? 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

I agree with all that's been said Stuart. You've done a fine job on it, and the presentation is first class.

John.

Hi John. Many thanks for your very kind comments.....it's really appreciated.

Best Wishes

Stuart

10 hours ago, Homer said:

That is one fantastic piece of work, well done 👏

Thank you Homer and glad you like it. It ended up being quite a lot of work but probably worth it in the end.

Thanks again and much appreciated.

Stuart

6 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Great modelling & a cracking dio. 

Pete

Many thanks Pete. Greatly appreciate the comments and pleased you like the dio.

Best Wishes

Stuart

5 hours ago, IanC said:

Terrific model and superb groundwork. You're definitely through to the next round...

Thank you very much Ian for your kind comments. Much appreciated.

A short recovery break then I may be ready for the next round/model!

Thanks again

Stuart

4 hours ago, GRK said:

Very nicely done! You've done a great job on the camo and have definitely captured that autumnal feeling in the pics. 

And I've got to ask about those leaves-at first i thought it was just crushed up real leaf but then i saw some with actual leaf shapes mixed in there- is this some aftermarket product? 

Thank you for your kind comments GRK. Glad you like the camo....it took a bit of planning though doing the ambush dots was very satisfying.

You're spot on about the leaves. It's a combination of real leaves and a few laser printed ones placed in prominent places mainly on the tank. I took some leaves from the garden, allowed to dry out thoroughly and ground them in a coffee grinder. They formed the bulk of the scenery then I added a few of the Ammo Mig European mixture dry leaves (Mig-8410) here and there. The darker churned leaves near the tracks simply had an enamel mud product/wash added to them. To do the entire dio with the laser cut ones would have cost a small fortune!! It says you get 280 in a box but I'm not so sure!

Thanks again

Stuart

• Like 1

Hi Stuart, nice Jagdtiger not my scale but very nice nevertheless and a base and figures to boot!

The base really sets it off very nicely and that's a great suggestion re' the leaves!

Great job

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Stuart, nice Jagdtiger not my scale but very nice nevertheless and a base and figures to boot!

The base really sets it off very nicely and that's a great suggestion re' the leaves!

Great job

Darryl 

Many thanks for your kind comments Darryl. It's very much appreciated.

I think doing a base probably has one of the biggest returns for effect achieved compared to how long it takes to do. I'm always surprised by how long the figures take me to do (hours of frustration) whereas the base can suddenly look fairly realistic quite quickly!

I stole the idea about the leaves from one of Nightshift's videos. If you're doing a large pile or mound of leaves then he sets them in place using AK Gravel and Sand Fixer. I just sprinkled mine on loose. It was interesting to note how different species of leaves gave quite different results. Thinner leaves such as lime gave a finer texture whereas thicker leaves such as Beech would give more defined fragments. Just remember to give the coffee grinder a good wash otherwise your coffee starts to develop a bit of an earthy taste!😆

Thanks again

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Longbow said:

Awesome looking JT, Stuart !!

Good looking Diorama too 👍

Many thanks Lee for your comments and glad you like the diorama. It's much appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart

11 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Impressive work Stuart! Painting and weathering is very convincing. I like these dark, dramatic shots very much, they add to the moody, autumn atmosphere.

Cheers,

Nenad

Very kind Nenad. Thank you for your comments and glad you like the pictures...I was quite pleased with the darker photos. Hopefully not too underexposed.

Thanks again

Stuart

• Like 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:22 AM, TheOxley said:

Love the build, finish and dio….!
i have this in the stash..it may be time

Thank you Oxley. Much appreciated. I had a great time with this kit so thoroughly recommend to crack on with yours!

On 11/13/2021 at 12:12 PM, vytautas said:

Gotta agree with what others have said.

Great diorama! I really enjoyed the last two photos.

Vytautas

Many thanks Vytautas for the kind comments it's greatly appreciated. Glad you like the photos

21 hours ago, Tojo72 said:

Weathering is so good,you would never guess the scale,great scene.

Thank you very much Tojo. It's a great tank to weather with the large flat surfaces on the sides and is such a unit so can easily pass for 1/35!

Cheers

I liked very much your building but to be honest (I usually try to so but most people doesn't like it I must say...nut old donkey... :)) not so much... I think you did not manage to have a good lighting that could pop-up every bits of your well done work. I must apology for this comment...

I also have one of these beast in my stash, in 1/16 maybe one day I will start and do the X version, but I doubt that, when I look inside those boxes the fear appears... too much stuff in there, specially interiors that I really dislike.

Cheers

LM

• Thanks 1