1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30SM "Flanker-H" by Minibase - 3D renders+box art - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

This is good to see as it must mean they sold enough on the I last kit the Su-33 to do this one, and that's good news!  It means we might have a player that's going to be around and and their last kit proved they put out an astonishingly good product.  

• Like 2

Let's see!

The Su-33 was only available on very limited quantities... at least I did not find one in time, and my sources to go to all seem to have issues re-stocking them :(

apart from being nearly double Kinetic's original retail price...

Back to the SM, GWH will be expensive, but I hope way better oob than the now defunct KH...

I assume Minibase will play somewhere in this league!

fingers crossed, definitely sufficient interesting schemes out there to build one each ;) 

+ SM, Russian AF, dark grey or in various blue shades ,

+ Russian Navy, with the great 3 colored bottom scheme...

+ Indian MKI (  + prototypes !)

+ Malaysian MKM,

+ Kazakhstan SM,

+ Belarusian SM,

+ Algerian MKA.... ( 2 camos!)

did I forget one?

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30SM "Flanker-H" by Minibase - 3D render - release in 2022
6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Let's see!

The Su-33 was only available on very limited quantities... at least I did not find one in time, and my sources to go to all seem to have issues re-stocking them :(

apart from being nearly double Kinetic's original retail price...

If you still want an Su-33, the Oxted Model Centre still have them in stock. I can vouch for Pete and he's very responsive on Facebook.

https://oxtedmodelcentre.co.uk/product-category/plastic-models/minibase/

Jon

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jon Bryon said:

If you still want an Su-33, the Oxted Model Centre still have them in stock. I can vouch for Pete and he's very responsive on Facebook.

https://oxtedmodelcentre.co.uk/product-category/plastic-models/minibase/

Jon

thanks!

(what does "In stock (can be backordered)" actually mean?)

problem is I live in Europe... I assuem I will get one sooner or later, but without additional 20% import tax plus local toll collection fees on top :( 

the UK basically is out of reach currently...as is Ukraine/ RUssia for that matter....

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

Let's see!

Not sure if it will be handy for you, but it appears that AK-Interactive webshop still has the Su-33 in stock: https://ak-interactive.com/product/1-48-su-33-flanker-d-russian-navy-carrier-borne-fighter/

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, exdraken said:

thanks!

problem is I live in Europe... I assuem I will get one sooner or later, but without additional 20% import tax plus local toll collection fees on top :( 

the UK basically is out of reach currently...as is Ukraine/ RUssia for that matter....

MN-modelar from Czech Republic also has it in stock, it is a very reliable eshop.

They offer free shipping to Austria if you buy above 110 Euros or so... and since the Minibase kit is 100 Euro already, just throw in something small and you have it shipped for free, haha.

Edited by drake122
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, exdraken said:

exdraken, have a look here: 

https://www.dominomodel.com/en/p/25308/su-33-flanker-d-russian-navy-carrier-borne-fighter/

https://www.mn-modelar.com/1-48-su-33-flanker-d-902124086-2/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30SM "Flanker-H" by Minibase - 3D renders - release in 2022
On 11/7/2021 at 10:24 PM, exdraken said:

thanks!

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. 

I spoke with Pete yesterday. It means the product is currently in stock and can be back-ordered if he runs out. If it says 'In Stock' then it is.

HTH

Jon

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30SM "Flanker-H" by Minibase - 3D renders+box art - release May 2022

Two days ago I was sold on the GWH SM kit and selling my Kitty Hawk one. Now I'm wondering if I should change from the GWH to Minibase, awww what have I become.😫🤣

I started building the Kitty Hawk Su-30SM once I knew GWH was going to do one. I believe it is not a bad kit at all except that it doesn’t have any weapons. It should be finished soon.

Now Minibase will make one too, so most likely I will get both too. It is a beautiful aircraft

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, jsolo said:

I started building the Kitty Hawk Su-30SM once I knew GWH was going to do one. I believe it is not a bad kit at all except that it doesn’t have any weapons. It should be finished soon.

Now Minibase will make one too, so most likely I will get both too. It is a beautiful aircraft

you must buy red fox or quinta studio cockpit 3D decals in order to to what kittyhawk suppose to have done !! it's completely missing  in the box you have for the su 27/30 early series jet !! 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Sukhoi Su-30SM "Flanker-H" by Minibase - 3D renders+box art - release in 2022
  • 3 months later...