Tamiya 1/72 Kawasaki Ki-61-Id Hien (Tony), 19th Sentai, Luzon in the Philippines, 1945

Ditto re your superlative model!

Congrats.

JR

• Like 1

I somehow feel that when I get to building mine - that's hiding from me in the stash - it won't look as good as this one!

Excellent build and paint/weathering, lovely job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanmi said:

Great work. I like how you managed to achieve such realistic paintwork. It is mottled, scratched faded very convincing. Did you yous hairspray technique or scratching fluids?

Many thanks for the kind words. I used a masking fluid to create the chipping and applied it with a piece of foam sponge. Once the camo was applied I could remove the masking fluid and then add any addition small chips with a toothpick 

• Like 1

Outstanding!  Could easily be mistaken for a larger scale.

The intricate weathering and wash detail is superb!

:clap2::clap2:

Must say, that is an excellent B&W reference photo too - highly inspiring!

• Like 1

This looks just like an abandoned japanese aircraft rotting in an abandoned japanese airfield in 1945/46. Waiting to be scrapped sadly.

This would need a nice diorama, with dirt and dry grass, just like on the picture. It would capture the feeling.

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remus389 said:

This looks just like an abandoned japanese aircraft rotting in an abandoned japanese airfield in 1945/46. Waiting to be scrapped sadly.

This would need a nice diorama, with dirt and dry grass, just like on the picture. It would capture the feeling.

👍

Totally agree with you. The picture in my head is the Tony on a base like you described. Just got to teach myself how to do bases, 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

You often see the phrase 'looks like a much larger scale' but i really take my hat off to people who can make 1/72 look this good. The sponge applied masking fluid has come off really nicely and gives the model a huge feeling of detail. I can only look on in gobsmacked awe! 

• Like 2