Caravelle 10R

Here's my Amodel 1/144 Caravelle 10R with Transeuropa decals from 26. The kit's ok but there were a couple of things I didn't like - the undercarriage was a bit of a faff with quite indistinct and imprecise fit, and one of the PE wing fences just didn't want to stay on the wing! The 26 decals were nice as always. It does have cockpit window decals - there just isn't much contrast between them and the blue surrounding them!

1/144 Caravelle

1/144 Caravelle

1/144 Caravelle

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 39

Every time I see a beautiful build of a 1/144 scale Caravelle, yours being a top notch example, I once again long for a 1/72 scale Caravelle for my collection.

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2021 at 1:14 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

This is beautifully done, and really captures the appearance of the real aircraft dead-on.  Any special techniques involved here?

Thanks! No special techniques, although I must have cursed the undercarriage in just the right way as it worked in the end.

On 11/8/2021 at 5:15 AM, Andy Young said:

Very nice! What white paint did you use?, the finish looks great with just the right level of reflection. Very elegant.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks! The white paint is from the Scale Modellers Supply (aka SMS) - it's become my go-to white - it airbrushes nicely and gives good coverage. Being white it needs more than one coat, but you can get a nice white finish in one airbrushing session.

• Haha 1

Another beauty Julian. Thanks for sharing.

Transeuropa's Caravelles occasionally turned up at Glasgow in the 1970s to the delight of the local spotters including me. They were exotic beasts among the Tridents and Viscounts. IIRC they operated 11R Combis as well as the 10Rs.

:goodjob:

Dave G

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Another beauty Julian. Thanks for sharing.

Transeuropa's Caravelles occasionally turned up at Glasgow in the 1970s to the delight of the local spotters including me. They were exotic beasts among the Tridents and Viscounts. IIRC they operated 11R Combis as well as the 10Rs.

:goodjob:

Dave G

Thanks Dave. I vaguely remember seeing them at Manchester, but it’s such a long time ago now that my memory might be playing tricks on me!