Models and charity

kpnuts

Hi all a friend of mine (who has gone on to be a millionaire and incredibly successful, let's face it he could sell freezers to Eskimos) (I mention that only to point out he knows what he's talking about when it comes to promoting stuff)

He asked me what I did with my models and I said they go in the shed in the garden and then get used for parts in new builds or in the bin. I said a while ago I gave a load away for spares or repair (the bloke who had them came from a long way away) he said have you thought of auctioning them for Charity and I said no, no one would want them, I put 2 1/6 bikes on ebay and they went for £4.70 for the 2vof them. I told him I would rather have set fire to them if I thought that's all they were worth.

He said if I had said the proceeds were to go to charity the result would have been very different, so to cut a long story short do you agree. Is it worth putting my models up for auction (the only one I have available atm is the 1/12 Airfix Bentley boat tail, which is covered in spray dust but could be cleaned off fairly easily)

What do you think.

• Like 1

People tend to be more generous when charity is involved so I can only suggest that you give it a try. Mention it to the charity of your choice and they may be able to help promotion of it through their social media links.

• Like 1