Send the Marines in 2023 - the dozen is complete, but we need a few good men more!

Anatol Pigwa

Hello,

I'd like to propose a GB focusing on the Marines and naval landing operations they use. While the USMC, the Royal Marines and the SBS (I'd include them too!) are arguably the most famous ones, Wikipedia lists over a 100 of countries that have or had a naval infrantry force. Also this GB would allow a broad approach from planes, trough Rotorcraft, Landing craft, armour, to cars, boats and figures. I's also include Landing Ships, even though these are usually operated by Navies.

Any takers?

So Here is a list of: The Few. The Proud. The Brave.

1. Anatol Pigwa (Host)

2. Corsairfoxuncle

3. Marklo

4. Bigfoot

5. Andwil

6. Stefan Buysse

7. Jb65rams

8. theplasticsurgeon

9. CliffB

10.Bertie Psmith

11.toryu

12.desert falcon

Edited by Anatol Pigwa

Very interesting. This seems a paradoxically wide and yet narrow subject area. There's been some very interesting fighting vehicles 'in the air, on land, and sea' and deployed in 'ev'ry clime and place where they could take a gun'. And that's just one nation.

Please add my name to your list, Anatol.

On 06/11/2021 at 11:51, Anatol Pigwa said:

Hello,

I'd like to propose a GB focusing on the Marines and naval landing operations they use. While the USMC, the Royal Marines and the SBS (I'd include them too!) are arguably the most famous ones, Wikipedia lists over a 100 of countries that have or had a naval infrantry force. Also this GB would allow a broad approach from planes, trough Rotorcraft, Landing craft, armour, to cars, boats and figures. I's also include Landing Ships, even though these are usually operated by Navies.

Any takers?

So Here is a list of: The Few. The Proud. The Brave.

1. Anatol Pigwa (Host)

2. Corsairfoxuncle

3. Marklo

4. Bigfoot

5. Andwil

6. Stefan Buysse

7. Jb65rams

8. theplasticsurgeon

9. CliffB

10. Bertie Psmith

11.toryu

• Anatol Pigwa changed the title to Send the Marines in 2023 - the dozen is complete, but we need a few good men more!
12 hours ago, exdraken said:

I would definifetly join in... but need to do a bit of research first...

of course, I could always do a Hornet, Phantom, or Harrier in USMC colors... but...!

Give yourself a push, I know you want to.  Also I see you did quite a lot of research alreadyhttps://www.specialhobby.eu/en/our-own-production/special-hobby/fh-1-phantom-marines-first-jet.html?cur=1&force_sid=ov294npvt617o130h4n83hjd30&lang=1&redirected=1

37 minutes ago, Anatol Pigwa said:

Give it a go then :D