1/72 CASA C-212 Aviocar - Portuguese Air Force

GS34

One year and half later just finished my very first model. Lot's of mistakes and techniques to improve, but to be honest i am relatively happy how it turned out given the fact it was my very first build, first time using airbrush, painting, masking, weathering etc. and had a lot of accidents during the process.

Decided to risk it and not go to the special tail art comes with the model and try to recreate the original one myself.

Here's the photos i've used as reference:

https://imgur.com/a/qiLrelR

Feel free to critique. 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

resized_de26e7ea-f95e-49fd-a698-98ca37f3

resized_37d5496b-4166-4a73-96e0-53e748ee

fe280433-c5c9-41bb-ba93-03598d21c0c8.JPG

resized_1a49ee37-abeb-4588-adc4-ab11adb0

Edited by GS34
  • Like 44

"…just finished my very first model."

Hm. Perhaps you mean 'my very first completed model'? 😉

Whatever, that's an excellent Casa 212 you have created. Very convincing and beautifully finished. Congratulations, and looking forward to your very second model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

3 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

"…just finished my very first model."

Hm. Perhaps you mean 'my very first completed model'? 😉

Whatever, that's an excellent Casa 212 you have created. Very convincing and beautifully finished. Congratulations, and looking forward to your very second model!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Not really. Been thinking about getting into the hobby for a couple years but actually this was the very first time i built one. Bought it along with an airbrush and a compressor during the first UK lockdown to fill spare time.

Actually I did so many mistakes on this model and i was actually thinking about giving up (see below for a few):
https://imgur.com/a/KEc3bjm

• Like 1

A superb first model.

I have been modelling since my teenage years, with a huge break in between then picked up again in recent years. I've built probably close to 100 models, 30 of which were in the last 5 or 6 years. I'd be well pleased with that sort of result!

Terry

First attempt you say...my hats off to you for such a magnificent result.

My first attempt at modelling turned out to be fun but for sure the result was less than not presentable...😂

Thanks guys for the encouraging words. It is indeed my first model. I think it  helped the fact i know the model very well as it was the first airplane i've ever got into and my father jumped off it a load of times. It's a sort of a sentimental model so i wanted to get it as right as possible.