Airbus A310-300 Air Paradise 1/144

I am currently working on a bunch of different airliners,among those,the good old Revell A310 kit and the Airfix rerelease of the classic Concorde "Prototype", are now finished and ready for the RFI.

I built 5 of Revell's A310 kits so far and despite its simplicity and some errors it still builds into a nice replica with some effort.I really like this kit.

The main changes I did were the reshaping of the nose section,creating winglets and converting the engines for the -300.

The kit I had on hand was the earlier -200 version and Revell also did never change the engines .The provided engines are good for some -200 such as the Lufthansa or KLM types.

As the plastic is very thick,the conversion of the engines was fairly easy,flattening the undersides of the cowls and sanding out the intakes and by glueing a piece of plasticard in front,creating a new seamless intake ring.

Next time though,I might insert also a plastic tube as inlet as I find it a bit too wide now as it is but its ok so far.

The exhaust cone was sawed out,glued to a piece of plasticard and inserted in the hotsection.

The winglets are scratchbuilt out of plasticard as well.

The decals come from 8A decs. and are very nicely printed and easy to apply.

Until I found them on their website,I never heard of that airline before but was attracted by its colorful livery.

Air Paradise was based at Denpasar airport in Bali and operated from 2002 -2005 when it ceased operations after the 2005 terrorist attacks in Bali.

Amongst Airbus A300-600s and a single Boeing 737-800,the airline had 2 A310-300s in service.

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 29

3 hours ago, Remus389 said:

Very tidy! 👍

Thank you very much

2 hours ago, Vesa Jussila said:

Nice to see so many civil planes this week. I need to get my builds moving too. Really nice build again.

Thank you very much.

I thought its time to boost the civvies a bit again😉

2 of my almost finished 767s unfortunately need some correction work/ repaint,so they will be delayed for some days to appear in the RFI section

20 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The paintwork on your models always leaves me gasping. How do you get that finish? Amazing.

Thank you very much.

For the white I am using now mostly Gunze white surface primer 1500,polished with Tamyia polishing compounds and clear coated with Gunze Premium gloss.

The paints and the gloss varnish I am using for airbrushing are thinned with Gunze levelling thinner,which makes the paint and varnish very smooth and shiny.

Everything is sealead again with a layer of Gunze Premium gloss before decalling and another thin layer to seal everything.

That's another beauty Alex.  I don't remember seeing the Air Paradise livery before - Jon Ochoa has some really nice and unusual schemes in his catalogue.

I have always had a soft spot for the Revell A310.  Once its well-known problems are sorted it produces a good model and in some respects it's more accurate than the newer Eastern Express kit. You have really done it justice.

Hope the cats are well. The seem to have become camera shy recently.

Dave G

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

That's another beauty Alex.  I don't remember seeing the Air Paradise livery before - Jon Ochoa has some really nice and unusual schemes in his catalogue.

I have always had a soft spot for the Revell A310.  Once its well-known problems are sorted it produces a good model and in some respects it's more accurate than the newer Eastern Express kit. You have really done it justice.

Hope the cats are well. The seem to have become camera shy recently.

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

I haven't bought the EE A310 but I also heard that there are some issues with it.

But I still have some Revell kits and 1 AA resin kit in my stash which I have already plans for,thats the main reason I skipped the EE version.

The cats are fine,there is my youngest visible in the 2. last picture.

Shes more busy with hunting insects and watching birds than crashing my photo sessions😉.

The other 2 are prefering to sleep or otherwise enjoying their day on the sofa...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Hothersall said:

Nice build. 

was fortunate to photograph this particular aircraft here in Adelaide, south Australia when they were flying here. 

I’ve been photographing aircraft for quite a while, and I haven’t seen too many A310s. 

AirparadiseA310-324-PK-KDW-6

Thank you very much.

Very nice photograph of the departing A310.

I saw many of the A310s during my spotter days in the 90s.Swissair had a considerable fleet and also some other airlines flew to the Swiss airports with this type,among them Delta Airlines,MEA,Air Portugal and on some occasions KLM...

The A310 is still one of my favourite Airbus types

Edited by Alex1978