AEC Matador (Early)

HI viewers,

Here is my latest after languishing on the shelf for 9 months, an AEC Matador (early) by Milicast in /76. Built mainly OOB, doors wee reworked as I wanted them to be posed open and glazing was also added. Painted using Tamiya and AK paints, decals from spares as Milicast kits don't come with any, go figure. Weathered slightly with a couple of washes. Conjured up a simple base and a couple of figures et voila.

IMG-8733.jpg

IMG-8734.jpg

IMG-8735.jpg

IMG-8736.jpg

IMG-8737.jpg

WiP here:

Thanks for looking.

Stuart

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Great build. I'm currently trying to complete the Airfix Matador. Hope it finishes up at least half as good as this one!

Like the diorama too - just right. 👏

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, echen said:

Great build.

Thanks Echen. I too have the Airfix option somewhere. I like to put these little things onto a base but like most things, we constantly want to improve and that includes the base work.

27 minutes ago, sandsmodels said:

nice job

Cheers buddy.

Stuart

@Steben @Bertie Psmith @Bullbasket @IanC @Nenad Ilijic Cheers for the feedback guys. I do think that because of there size, they need to be on a base and a few figs gives the whole thing scale. Like all things, there is room for improvement and I would like to add height, so I need to look at buildings, trees, telephone/power poles.

Stuart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

@Steben @Bertie Psmith @Bullbasket @IanC @Nenad Ilijic Cheers for the feedback guys. I do think that because of there size, they need to be on a base and a few figs gives the whole thing scale. Like all things, there is room for improvement and I would like to add height, so I need to look at buildings, trees, telephone/power poles.

Stuart

I agree about the height but in this case I think that fence was enough. Without it, the scene would have just died.

• Like 1