Scottish nationals 2022 UPDATE

fallmonk

********************************PLEASE BE ADVISED ********************************

Due to a unforseen problem (council elections) the Scottish National's will have to look at NEW dates, we have only been advised of this today.

We are currently looking at alternative dates that will not clash with other shows.we  apologise for the inconvenience,  this is 100% outwith our control.
As soon as we can get a date that suits,we will advise.
Obviously people need to know to book time of works, book hotels etc, the new dates will be up ASAP.
Once again our apologies for this, its been a long time coming but it will be worth it.
Many thanks from the show committee.

• Sad 1

A real shame that the original show-date now clashes with the council-elections. I'm sure this has given the show-runners all sorts of new headaches... I hope you can get everything sorted out in good time. 

Chris. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who in the world has elections on a weekend. Just let us know as soon as possible the new dates as a lot of us already had hotels booked ☹️

• Like 1

Good Afternoon folks first of Apologies for the date changes but as mentioned this was beyond our control. 
We are happy to announce that the
 NEW DATES ARE 14/15TH MAY.
NEW posters and leaflets are being ordered and will hopefully be sent out.to the usual outlets. 
We look forward to seeing old and new friends to Scotlands biggest show ,and second biggest in the UK! 
So if you haven't been before,  please come you won't be disappointed.

Edited by fallmonk
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, BeeKay said:

Who in the world has elections on a weekend.  ☹️

Most of Europe actually but the local council elections in Scotland like every other election held in the UK will be on the Thursday and with (any Covid restrictions notwithstanding) the growing move towards Regional counting centres and increasing move away from overnight counts the building will be in use for at least most of Friday and possibly into Saturday making the transfer from a counting centre into a display and trade arena impracticable.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Des said:

Most of Europe actually but the local council elections in Scotland like every other election held in the UK will be on the Thursday and with (any Covid restrictions notwithstanding) the growing move towards Regional counting centres and increasing move away from overnight counts the building will be in use for at least most of Friday and possibly into Saturday making the transfer from a counting centre into a display and trade arena impracticable.

If it’s a case of slow counting could the council not just borrow a couple of checkout lasses from Aldi 

Have you seen how fast they throw the shopping at you 😂

beefy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2021 at 10:49 AM, BeeKay said:

Who in the world has elections on a weekend. 

I think the venue has had to cancel all bookings in a 3 week block running up to the elections. Not sure of the reason why but I could give it a fair guess.

At least the new date doesn't clash with the big football game in Glasgow now. It always seemed to be the same weekend as the last Old Firm game of the season previously!

Duncan B

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Last time I was looking forward to attending but Covid came over the nation and it was cancelled, I'd like to get to this; any idea if tickets are required?

Check out SCOTNAT.ORG

this is a copy from that web site.

Admission Prices

Adult £10

Concession £5

Juniors (16/17 years old) £2 per day

Children under 16 free if accompanied by a responsible adult.

Otherwise, junior rate of admission applies.

Please note: The show has no electronic means of payment are available, cash only.

The Show organising team regrets the necessity of increasing entry prices but are now having to pay 58% more for the hire of the venue.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Children under 16 free if accompanied by a responsible adult.

Is there a fee assessed if the adult is irresponsible? Right, I'll get me coat...

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Haha 3

Looking at my calendar I can probably manage this one, will be in Glasgow Thursday May 12th for Whitesnake show at the Hydro and staying overnight, this will be on my way back home, can easily stay down there another day or so.

I'll do my best to squeeze this one in at Perth.

Glad i spotted this.

On 3/15/2022 at 3:01 PM, Markh-75 said:

Last time I was looking forward to attending but Covid came over the nation and it was cancelled, I'd like to get to this; any idea if tickets are required?

No need for tickets - you just turn up at the Dewars Centre and buy your entry ticket at the door.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Gordon, I’d quite like to get to this! Last time (just before the show was cancelled in 2020, my wife and I were in Perth and I have the place well reconnoitred, I’d probably come by train and park it in the station!😂

looking forward to this now!😉

I'm not aware of any concessions for the Britmodeller users at the Scottish Nationals. Not even sure if the IPMS members receive any perks either. Maybe someone will know.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gordon J said:

Not even sure if the IPMS members receive any perks either. Maybe someone will know.

When I was there in 2019 IPMS members got the Concession price on showing their membership card.

Don't know if it will be the same now.

Cheers,

Alistair

• 5 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 14:18, fallmonk said:

We are happy to announce that the
 NEW DATES ARE 14/15TH MAY.
NEW posters and leaflets are being ordered and will hopefully be sent out.to the usual outlets. 
We look forward to seeing old and new friends to Scotlands biggest show ,and second biggest in the UK! 
So if you haven't been before,  please come you won't be disappointed.

Last week my wife booked me a Hotel and got the train tickets (I have to leave the car for her use 🚗) ready for my jaunt to Perth.  Two day stay in a local Hotel.

Never been before.

I'm looking forward to this 🥳

I emailed the Trader Liason Officer asking for an update on the traders list as the one on the website was 2020. He replied that he is ongoing with traders and will post very soon on the website

Edited by PlasticUtopia
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2021 at 11:49, BeeKay said:

Who in the world has elections on a weekend. Just let us know as soon as possible the new dates as a lot of us already had hotels booked ☹️

WE do here in Sweden - always on a Sunday. This is done to ensure that everybody and anybody has the time/opportunity to exercise his/her franchise.

We have consistently one of the highest election turnouts amongst democratic countries - normally between 82 - 86%  😇

Cheers, Moggy (who ALWAYS votes)

7 hours ago, Moggy said:

WE do here in Sweden - always on a Sunday. This is done to ensure that everybody and anybody has the time/opportunity to exercise his/her franchise.

We have consistently one of the highest election turnouts amongst democratic countries - normally between 82 - 86%  😇

Cheers, Moggy (who ALWAYS votes)

The original message was a bit unspecific. The Scottish council election is on Thursday 5 May, not at the weekend. The Dewars Centre is being used to count the votes which isn't due to begin until Friday 6 May, the day when the hall would have had to be set up for the original show dates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2022 at 2:52 PM, PlasticUtopia said:

I emailed the Trader Liason Officer asking for an update on the traders list as the one on the website was 2020. He replied that he is ongoing with traders and will post very soon on the website

Thanks for the info about the traders. I'd been looking for an updated list for 2022 but nothing had been changed since 2020.