F-16C Block 50 Hellenic Air Force Tamiya 1/32

My second build of this fantastic kit this time went for a sun-beaten HAF scheme as I’m a bit of a Greek-ophile anyway and I love the scheme. Paints AK Real Colour/ Extreme metal. Quinta Studios 3D decals for the cockpit and ProCal HAF markings for the exterior. Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 48
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

That's extraordinary work you've done. I didn't know the Greeks had HARM missiles so I learned something from your post.

Thank you very much. They do indeed, and thankfully all the included stores with the Tamiya kit are valid including the JDAMs which was a happy coincidence.

spacer.png

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jhutchi said:

What aftermarket did you use for that? 

Only as I said at the top, the Quinta 3D cockpit decals and the ProCal HAF markings. Everything else o.o.b

Nice one @Notty. I'm a fan of the Greeks and have spent a fair bit of my younger days crawling around Greek bases etc, including the HAI facility in pursuit of my interest. Those Greek F-16s always look good - faded and a bit "mucky" ;)

ffd1827

Martin

• Like 3

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice one @Notty. I'm a fan of the Greeks and have spent a fair bit of my younger days crawling around Greek bases etc, including the HAI facility in pursuit of my interest. Those Greek F-16s always look good - faded and a bit "mucky" ;)

Martin

Thanks. I’m old enough to remember those uk spotters getting arrested for spying on their Greek airbases on their enthusiasts tour! Hope you weren’t one of those.

5 minutes ago, Notty said:

Thanks. I’m old enough to remember those uk spotters getting arrested for spying on their Greek airbases on their enthusiasts tour! Hope you weren’t one of those.

No mate, but we came close at one time. We were sat under the approach at Tanagra, watching the Mirage F.1CGs, after having a tour of the HAI facility. Other than that it was pretty easy on that trip. Other trips around the same time (1980s) were much the same, with multiple visits to Andravida, Megara, Elefsis, Thessaloniki, Hellenikon, Araxos and Tatoi. I also had a couple of trips in to Larissa during the last RF-84F years of operation. All great times :)

Martin

• Like 2