MIG-21MF Krzesiny AFB, 1/72 Eduard

Pablito

Hello again ;)

I'm slowly starting with my new project. This time I took on my bench the MiG-21MF in 1/72 scale from Eduard with a few aftermarket sets.

d22abda44827d0c2.jpg

The particular plane that I will build serves now for a monument in Krzesiny AFB Poland:

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/959301/9111-poland-air-force-mikoyan-gurevich-mig-21mf/

At the beginning I've put together cockpit parts, ejection seat, and drilled out holes for the resin air brakes. I've also added PE parts for the engine nozzle.

f7e850013435ea37.jpg

128e868c053df20c.jpg

f3f1964ef88afbb9.jpg

436de57aa9efba43.jpg

177c52e951f4249c.jpg

4602b4122ac7db57.jpg

0bdcdb75e43afc02.jpg

See You soon ;)

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ;)

Last week I've manage to work with the cockipt.

The base paint for the interior is AK Real Colors RC206 Russian Cockpit Turquoise with a drop of blue.

After spraying glossy varnish I used Tamiya's black Panel Line Accent Color. When the wash has dried I've sprayed over XF-86 Flat clear from Tamiya and started to make some scratches and chipping with AK Interactice weathering pencils Gun Metal and Chipping Color. I've also used Vallejo Gun Metal paint for the dry brush technique.

After this I've made the most heavily dirt in the corners with MIG Dark Brown Wash for Green Vehicles and black pigment.

At the end I've made some highlights on the clean areas with white oilbrusher.

That's all for today ;)

01x6q6Q.jpg
F3TuNtg.jpg
GBKUvqc.jpg
v5bVyTt.jpg
K8iBUFS.jpg
YysBO95.jpg
SMVCUn7.jpg
zkcwQu5.jpg

Edited by Pablito
  • Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ;)

The fuselage is closed. Getting ale the parts together was a big pleasure because of the perfect fit. 

The painting process began with a layer of Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500, after it dried, I've polished it with a worn sanding sponge.

Preshading was done with a dark and white paint from Mr. Paint.

CJwnAG7h.jpg
EXCUbFhh.jpg
ONSkBo1h.jpg
Qzzzgnuh.jpg
qU83S4yh.jpg
nI8Fc6Mh.jpg
HqAt59Nh.jpg
1qif8Wxh.jpg
1wypLmTh.jpg

Edited by Pablito
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Smudge said:

That cockpit looks very impressive. What did you use for the instrument's and switches etc. Are they kit supplied details?

The seat looks great, too.

Thank You Smudge! The instrument panel comes form the PE fret which is included in the box ;)  

• Thanks 1

On 11/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, Pete in a shed said:

Good start on this MF. I found the Eduard kit fitted perfectly during assembly and thoroughly enjoyed making it from start to finish. (Cambodian AF) I hope you have just as much fun😃.

Pete

Me too :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello after a longer break ;)

Due to some technical problems with uploading of my photos to the hosting server the model is finished...😜

Here is a direct link to the gallery:  https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235106268-mig-21mf-9111-3elt-poznań-krzesiny-afb-172-eduard/

52383e10babf9539.jpg

• Like 10