Dassault Mirage (s) GB for 2023 @25 On 05 02 2022

TEMPESTMK5

Good moring 

I don’t think there’s ever been such a STGB so I would like to propose a Mirage STGB for 2023 ..

From Wikipedia 

Mirage is a name given to several types of jet aircraft designed by the French company Dassault Aviation (formerly Avions Marcel Dassault), some of which were produced in different variants. Most were supersonic fighters with delta wings. The most successful was the Mirage III in its many variants, which were widely produced and modified both by Dassault and by other companies. Some variants were given other names, while some otherwise unrelated types were given the Mirage name.

France

The main production variants include:

-Mirage III, definitive production type which established the series.

-Mirage 5, developed from the Mirage III.

-Mirage 50, developed from the Mirage 5.

Minor projects and prototypes include:

Balzac, Mirage IIIT and Mirage IIIV: Prototypes researching supersonic VTOL design.[2] The Balzac and Mirage IIIV both had VTOL capability.

Milan: a Mirage III example, modified with retractable foreplanes or "moustaches".

Mirage IIING, developed from the Mirage 50 along with fixed canard foreplanes similar to the preceding Milan (see below). Like the Milan, only one airframe was converted.

Israel[edit]

Israel produced several progressive developments of the Mirage 5:

- IAI Nesher, a standard Mirage 5 with revised avionics.

- IAI Kfir, re-engined with further revised avionics and canard foreplane.

- IAI Nammer, again re-engined with further revised avionics and canard foreplane. Prototype only.

South Africa[edit]

South Africa upgraded its fleet of Mirage IIIs to meet local requirements:

-Atlas Cheetah, a Mirage III upgrade based on the IAI Kfir.

Chile[edit]

Chile upgraded its fleet of Mirage 50s to meet local requirements:

-ENAER Pantera (Mirage 50CN and 50DC), a Mirage 50 upgrade based on the IAI Kfir.

Other Mirage types[edit]

Production models[edit]

Mirage IV: Delta-winged tailless supersonic nuclear bomber. Largest of all the Mirages.[3]

Mirage F1 and MF2000: Conventional-configuration supersonic fighter.

Mirage 2000 supersonic tailless delta-winged successor to the Mirage 50, with an all-new airframe.

Prototypes[edit]

Mirage F2 and Mirage G: Strike fighters, larger than the basic Mirage III airframe. The Mirage G prototypes were variable-geometry "swing wing" aircraft derived from the F2 fixed-wing design project.[4]

Mirage 4000 or Super Mirage 4000: Prototype larger version of the Mirage 2000 design.

Patrice 

• Like 4

Lovely birds.  

I shouldn't, but go ahead and put me down.  I've got a HAF Mirage 2000-5 conversion I'd love to build.  If 2000s are a no go for this, I've still got several III based airframes in the stash.

• Like 1

Good morning my friends 

Welcome aboard , so I better start a list 

1   TEMPESTMK5

2   helios16v

3   Jabba

4   Corsairfoxfouruncle

5  Rob S

6  Wez

7  Col.

8  Andwil

9  Zebra

10 Jb65rams

11 exdraken

12 Marklo

13 Paul Bradley 

14 Evil_Toast_RSA

15 stevehnz

16 MagpieFNQ

17 Bobby No Mac

18 Beggsy

19 PaulT 876

20 bianfuxia

21 alt-92

22 DeepSea

23 Filler 

24 Sam 

25 Arniec

26 Wings unlevel

27 Stu davros

28  Moggy 

29 JosephLalor

30 Richard Humm

Patrice 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, helios16v said:

Lovely birds.  

I shouldn't, but go ahead and put me down.  I've got a HAF Mirage 2000-5 conversion I'd love to build.  If 2000s are a no go for this, I've still got several III based airframes in the stash.

Hello Chris 

Of course Mirage 2000 are welcome in this Gb ..

Hello Dennis 

A  IIIe/o in RAAF colors is a very good choice as well as the Mirage IV ...

Best regards 

Patrice  

• Thanks 1

Patrice, I really see this as a GB rather than an STGB, it's like calling a T-34/T-55/T-62/T-72 tank GB an STGB, they're fish of a different colour and should have their own STGB.

That said, do I want to take part?  Yes please!  Sign me up here and now!

Oh yeah!  Why oh why didn't I buy a Mirage F1 kit when I had the chance at Thornbury? Would have made my French Folly GB entry a lot easier!

Maybe so that I can get the hot Heller Mirage F1B kit, that's been recently announced. I'll let you know, when (not if) I've got an eligible kit to build.

The only other French in my stash is an Etendard. Dassault looking like a dead duck in the Bunfight.

45 minutes ago, Wez said:

Patrice, I really see this as a GB rather than an STGB, it's like calling a T-34/T-55/T-62/T-72 tank GB an STGB, they're fish of a different colour and should have their own STGB.

That said, do I want to take part?  Yes please!  Sign me up here and now!

Good afternoon Wez 

Of course you're right I edit the Title ..

And welcome aboard 

Best Regards

Patrice 

• Like 1

• TEMPESTMK5 changed the title to Dassault Mirage (s) GB for 2023
13 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Oh yeah!  Why oh why didn't I buy a Mirage F1 kit when I had the chance at Thornbury? Would have made my French Folly GB entry a lot easier!

Maybe so that I can get the hot Heller Mirage F1B kit, that's been recently announced. I'll let you know, when (not if) I've got an eligible kit to build.

The only other French in my stash is an Etendard. Dassault looking like a dead duck in the Bunfight.

Good afternoon 

I am sure you will find a nice Mirage F1 soon ..

Sorry but you will have to wait for the next French Fancy GB to build the Dassault Etendard ...

Best Regards 

Patrice  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. I keep on buying 1/48 Mirages (so far I could do various III variants, a IV and a Kfir) and never get around to building them, so this would give me the KUTA I need!

Good morning Zebra

Welcome aboard

Best Regards

Patrice

4 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

As it looks like this years Dassault GB won’t make the final cut, I still have a Mirage 2000N with Ramex Delta markings that needs building, so count me in please.

Good afternoon JB

Welcome aboard I add your name to the list ..

Patrice

2 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Hi, I'd be onboard of course!!

Maybe we have the Modelsvit MIV by then in 1/48th, or even a buig M4000??

If not, any middle Eastern MIII, or a Spanish F1 could do it for me  ;)

Good afternoon exdraken

Welcome aboard I add your name to the list and hope that you will be able to take part with a big MIV or M2000 ...

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

I’ve always liked the mirages, put me down.  

I’d go for an F1 or possibly a 2000 or a Kfir or Nesher. Will depend on scoping out a suitable kit.

Good evening Marklo

Welcome aboard I add yoiur name to thje list

Best Regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1