Hawker Tornado to Sea Fury 2023 GB Proposal

Rob S

3 minutes ago, Rob S said:

Here's an example of a Proposed Version that is eligible for this GB - the Eagle engined Tempest 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/airfixtributeforum/smer-ex-heller-1-72-hawker-tempest-vii-nv768-conve-t7401.html

Would make an interesting side by side comparison with an Eagle engined Wyvern.  

That’s got ‘you’ written all over it, definitely something not OOB and requires an engineers brain to think out the possible conversion. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Love this lineage of aircraft and I’m pretty certain I’ve got several of the types mentioned in a range of scales, so count me in

Yes I'm actually surprised this lineage hasn't been suggested as a GB before (or has it?).  

On the List at Legs 11.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Swamp Donkey said:

Tempest on pre order, but I’ll be delighted when Airfix announce their brand new 1/72 Sea Fury (I live in hope)

I’m in

SD

So do I!  So do I!  (Starting to sound like a Monty Python sketch!)  

Making an even dozen at Number 12.  

11 hours ago, mackem01 said:

Hawker Central............count me in!!

And with Hawker being an Aussie I'm sure he'd see the funny side of "Hawker Central" being at "Lucky 13".  

On 11/9/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

That’s got ‘you’ written all over it, definitely something not OOB and requires an engineers brain to think out the possible conversion. 

Might be a bit harder for a Semi-Retired Engineer who has lost a lot of Brain Cells over the Years!  

On 11/9/2021 at 11:48 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

I've just wandered over to a couple of the Whiff Sites and the P1027, P1030, and P1032 proposed projects are definitely in!  

Edited by Rob S
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Wot, no 'urricane? 

Before the TTTFSF lineage. 

(Or seeing the Typhoon was defined in Air Enthusiast as “A more violent Hurricane” not violent enough!). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 81-er said:

Very much up for this one, the Typhoon, Tempest, and Sea Fury are all on my "want to build" list

James

Zooming in at Number 14 James and as Lord of all He surveys says “Build them all!”  

Just had a thought bubble ... 

If we make it into the Bunfight but don’t make it out and on to the 2023 schedule is the any chance we can be guaranteed a slot in 2024 as the 85th Anniversary of the Tornado’s First Flight?  

@Enzo Matrix ?  

(Like a Zit ... bust it gently please ... ) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in, I've got a Tempest and a Sea Fury in the stash.

On the List at Number 16. 

We’re over the halfway “hump” and on the downhill run to Number 30 and “The Bunfight”!

(Strange imagery of a Zebra and other characters on a downhill run on a toboggan!) 

• Haha 2

If anyone needs any inspiration from the real subjects in this GB do a search on current restorations particularly the Typhoon and Tempest.  And "Yes Vivian we have got a video" or three and there are some great ones out there! 

On 11/20/2021 at 2:16 PM, Rob S said:

(Strange imagery of a Zebra and other characters on a downhill run on a toboggan!) 

Looks like our Toboggan has gone a little off piste so here's a little "Bump" to get it back on piste. 

Any other TTTFSF Fans out there that want to join in the Fun and get into the Bunfight for a 2023 slot? 

I could be very tempted with this one.......

I have a second one of these Fisher Model & Pattern 1/32nd)  I need to build, no folding wings this time, am spoilt for choice scheme wise as this model came with the additional decal set by FM&P, I have 10 or so to choose from.

IMG_1302-L.jpg

Then there is the buddy for this one...another full resin 1/32nd beast, this time by MDC. I plan to convert it to the "Car Door" version using bits from the old Revell model. The scheme would be Nt African desert, possibly one of 3 test aircraft used by the RAAF in mid 1943.

IMG_3367-L.jpg

• Like 6

On 12/3/2021 at 1:19 PM, trickyrich said:

I could be very tempted with this one.......

I have a second one of these Fisher Model & Pattern 1/32nd)  I need to build, no folding wings this time, am spoilt for choice scheme wise as this model came with the additional decal set by FM&P, I have 10 or so to choose from.

IMG_1302-L.jpg

Then there is the buddy for this one...another full resin 1/32nd beast, this time by MDC. I plan to convert it to the "Car Door" version using bits from the old Revell model. The scheme would be Nt African desert, possibly one of 3 test aircraft used by the RAAF in mid 1943.

IMG_3367-L.jpg

Wow!  Very nice!  (and I think I have an idea where you acquired them!) 

Welcome aboard at Number 17 Rich.