Eduard Spitfire Mk 1a 1/48

Hi all, I'll admit to start with that I'm more an armour man than an aircraft modeller but I dabble, I think this is my 6th one to date. I wanted a bit of a change and ideally a straightforward build that wouldn't take too long. The kit was lovely, hardly any messing around with seam lines (although I spotted one I missed as I finished it off which is always annoying) and the details are lovely. The only issue I had was with the decals which refused to stick and crumbled off so I had to mask them, clean the surfaces and then paint them using a set of stencils I cut. Overall a fun build and now I'm eyeing up some other aircraft kits for some point in the future.

Enjoy.

51647135525_732d18873a_b.jpg

51646934989_b527b0b22d_b.jpg

51646934979_2ec2a8e9af_b.jpg

51646277396_7076ca826c_b.jpg

Oh, I need to find a much better way to display the undersides of aircaft!

51646934999_2c5ff5aac5_b.jpg

• Like 59
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarhammerAdjacent said:

Let us know when you find it ;) 

Congrats on an excellent build..

On 11/3/2021 at 5:50 PM, WarhammerAdjacent said:

Yes, we all need that, perhaps we should go back to posing them on mirrors? It still looks very good though. A fine model all round.

Thanks. The green is Tamiya XF81, the Brown is flat earth with a drop of Khaki (about 5-1 Brown to Khaki). The underside is Tamiya Sky with a little white.

It was particularly annoying as I've used the decals before and they were fine. I might test out the spares on some scrap and see whether there's a process that works.

• Thanks 1