KUTA 2021 GB Chat

Enzo the Magnificent

Passing to see the future GB, and saw the 2021 KUTA in the current GB section, and I thought I don't have any..

I realized I was wrong when I back home and saw this on the rack;

IMG-20211227-222100.jpg

Started it sometimes last year I think... 

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lifeline said:

saw the 2021 KUTA in the current GB section, and I thought I don't have any..

I realized I was wrong when I back home and saw this on the rack;

Theoretically it is possible to have an empty shelf of shame... As for practical likelihood of it ever happening, more chance of those monkeys finally typing out the complete works of Shakespeare 😁. Welcome along

• Haha 4

Just looking at the 'shelf of shame', except there isn't any shame because I prefer to have several builds on the go and I flit from one to another as my fancy takes me. I am a 'plate spinner' by nature however I like it when the KUTA GB comes round because it gives me the push to complete kits that I have started. Looking in the mancave here I have the following five builds in various stages of completion:

51783038475_2a1e1c9fbc_b.jpg20211228_113522 by Ghostbase, on Flickr

There is a Roden C-133A Cargomaster in 1/144th scale which I started a few weeks ago, then in 1/48 scale an Italeri RF-4C Phantom which I started in the F-4 Phantom GB, an FJ-4 Fury which has been stalled a while, an EA-7L 'Twosair' which I have just started painting, and finally a Hobby Boss F-14B Tomcat which has been on the books for two years now.

Also, at home, I have an F-84F Thunderstreak and a Monogram B-58A Hustler in 1/48th scale, both started earlier this year.

The main obstacle has been using the airbrush however I am getting really good results now. This week I am working on the RF-4C, the EA-7L and am going to re-start the Tomcat today. I have done so much work on it it deserves to be finished and I hope it will complete into a good looking model. I will create a new thread for the Tomcat. I might even complete one by the 7th March 🙂

Michael

Edited by Ghostbase
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, RaceAddict said:

Am I correct in understanding that a Blitzenbuild that just missed the deadline by a few hours is eligible to post here?

It certainly is. Sliding across from the autumn GBs into KUTA is a fine tradition for many of us 

Always amuses me that the Christmas blitzbuild and KUTA run together

• Like 1

On 11/12/2021 at 8:06 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

This is well timed for me, I've got an empty cutting mat after wrapping up projects for Telford but got an abandoned Hellcat and Texan from their respective GBs, a partly cut out resin Mark IV tank and a half-grafittied railway hut sitting in my recycled take-away pots of doom... Also got some days off due to job changing, so good time to get these finished.

Narrator - but he did not get these finished and instead started two more builds, both of which are now stalled...

• Haha 3

I'm in, I'd lost my mojo for a couple years, busy with RC stuff. But I have a fairly massive shelf of doom due to my propensity to get distracted and go build something else.

I actually started to clear the shelf last month, and have finished 4 builds in that time, namely:

Airfix Spitfire IXc 1/72
Airfix Spitfire Vb 1/72

Revell F-18E 1/72

Fujimi old-tool Bf109G-6 1/48 

I'm working on wrapping an Eduard P-400 that originated as a Mojo build back in 2019, so I guess I'll start up a thread and see how much of the Shelf of Doom I can clear by March.

• Like 3

On 1/10/2022 at 11:27 PM, Mjwomack said:

I reckon that lot of 'mojo restorers' find their way into KUTA eventually

Gidday, my current (and first) KUTA build HMS Hardy was exactly that - to restore my mojo during a build of the heavy cruiser HMS York back in 2018. It worked, York proceeded but Hardy did not. Just as well as it happens because some of the mods I had to make to HMS Hardy I didn't know about back then. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Hi Guys, does anyone have any objection to a super late entry into this? I'd like to enter with my short sunderland, started during the High Wing GB last year but sadly life got in the way and I wasn't able to complete it by the deadline. link to the High Wing build thread below to show how far it got by the end of the previous GB

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ravnos said:

Hi Guys, does anyone have any objection to a super late entry into this?

Nope, of course not, join the fun 🙂 Besides, the GB still runs for another 2 months so I reckon lots of builds will still be added to the roster. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I understand the Shelf of Doom (all too well) but I cannot remember what KUTA stands for.  I am thinking the first letter is for kits but I am completely lost after that.

I may still have time to pick one or two and see how it goes.  I do have a show on March 12th so would be nice to have something to take.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey chaps, I know we're comming to the end of this one today, but is there a time for final submissions in the gallery? or is it just midnight tonight? I'm more or less finished with mine but I'll need some time later to take some good pictures and get the final post up in the build thread.

I've always thought that the gallery of a GB had an automated lock set for 23:59 on the last day of the build. But i could be completely wrong! I say build on and see what happens

Which as I've not built anything for a month and will log another KUTA fail is  bit rich tbh

55 minutes ago, Mjwomack said:

I've always thought that the gallery of a GB had an automated lock set for 23:59 on the last day of the build. But i could be completely wrong! I say build on and see what happens

Which as I've not built anything for a month and will log another KUTA fail is  bit rich tbh

Thanks, makes sense, couldn't remember if there was usually a time on the first post. Managed to get it posted anyway

• Like 1

Darn I didn’t realise KUTA ended today. While I have progressed all my builds I haven’t actually finished any of them. Oh well. Such is life. I’ll still aim for knocking off as many as I can before the end of march.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2