KUTA 2021 GB Chat

Enzo the Magnificent

1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Well, why not. A grand idea. I'm aiming for the KUTA to be my most productive GB this year... unless I fail to finish in that too :rofl2:

It's happened to me many times!  :wall: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Been on what feels like an eternal KUTA for the last year, half the builds I’ve finished have been such, with plenty still to finish. Hopefully with help I can pick a couple to finish whether this is brought forward or not. 

After Raiders of the lost stash, we should have Priscilla Queen of the KUTA. I'm sure we've all got a few for the KUTA of kuta gb 😁🤷🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

3*P-40, 3*Bf 109, 2*Ju 88 and the Frankenseafire again... and a Wildcat missing from the picture :doh:. V-P

...and a Fieseler Storch too. That makes it a whopping 10 - probably too much but as I only have one current GB build going on, I think I should at least try it! (6 F-16:s and 1 F-15 shall wait for another year, another KUTA...)

• Like 1

Gidday, have you got any more to keep you busy AFTER lunch? 😁 And six F-16s? Are you making your own squadron? 😀 I've only got one stalled (and one current) build. Maybe I lack ambition. Seriously, this might be good motivation to finish some of them. Looking forward to seeing how you go. Regards, Jeff.

10 minutes ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday, have you got any more to keep you busy AFTER lunch? 😁 And six F-16s? Are you making your own squadron? 😀 I've only got one stalled (and one current) build. Maybe I lack ambition. Seriously, this might be good motivation to finish some of them. Looking forward to seeing how you go. Regards, Jeff.

Jeff, I started an obviously overambitious project of building F-16:s of several European operators (Norway, Danmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Italy and Portugal) using the nice Revell 1:72 kits. I got to the point of trying to add the propellers, as usual, but all the kits seemed to miss these essential parts and it stalled my builds. Yes, I don't like building jets :giggle:. V-P

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Yes, I don't like building jets :giggle:. V-P

1 hour ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday VP, Propellers? I think on F-16s they're called turbine blades. 😁 Regards, Jeff.

You missed the joke... I don't like to build aircraft that don't have proper propellers :coolio:. V-P

57 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I also have far too many to list so, I'm going for the, "which one is annoying me the most that I didn't finish it " to decide which gets built first ! 

Cheers Pat 

Do a poll, Pat, we don't get too many things to vote for nowadays :whistle:

• Haha 2

IIRC, I have a Hurricane, a couple of Spits and a BF109 in progress. I also have a part-complete Z-Gauge Japanese railway mini-layout.

No shortage of candidates.

Also, if I don't keep moving, my Twotter is going to end up here too :sad:

/P

On 11/3/2021 at 5:29 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

The KUTA 2021 GB is currently due to start on 4 December.

How would you all feel if I brought it forward by two weeks?  Starting on 13 November and finishing on 7 March next year?

Would suit me as the winter months will put a slight  hold on my two major projects, as they require getting to and from a cold modelling room in the dark. I have an idea for a kuta which would fit well in smaller, well lit and warmer, space.

• Like 2