Revell 2022 releases

Stephen

Totally sadden by the critical situation in Ukraine.  Obviously not Revell´s fault.  Right now as modelling community is all about supporting and helping the Ukrainian and Russian model companies, this savage war is not their fault either.  I pray they and their families are OK under these difficult times.

• 5 months later...
On 1/1/2022 at 10:45 PM, Homebee said:

MAY 2022

- ref. 03820 - 1/48 - Eurofighter Typhoon - "Blackjack" - re-release with new decals

decals look great, aka fantastic! :) 

10SXesU.jpg

unfortunately only Black Jack, no service aircraft or even orndance markings...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sniperUK said:

Has it Saintys or Adam O'Hares name on the sheet? 

that is what you get in names

kywqZf1.jpg

James Sainty Anarchy 1 and Keith Watson/ James Pavitt

hope you like them :D

3 hours ago, exdraken said:

that is what you get in names

kywqZf1.jpg

James Sainty Anarchy 1 and Keith Watson/ James Pavitt

hope you like them :D

Shame it's not Adams name on there as he's this years pilot and a good mate. Keith Watson is still the teams SENGO this year. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Can anyone please explain what the big round object is on the port cheek of the invader ? Ive circled it in white and cannot figure it out ?

lSQQsap.jpg

Ive been up close to real invaders and never have seen this item. I have seen a flat circle of sheet aluminum but nothing that bulges out like this piece. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

18 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Can anyone please explain what the big round object is on the port cheek of the invader ? Ive circled it in white and cannot figure it out ?

lSQQsap.jpg

Ive been up close to real invaders and never have seen this item. I have seen a flat circle of sheet aluminum but nothing that bulges out like this piece. 

It looks different in the photo, probably because of the big black dot in the centre. It’s actually slightly domed with a very small dimple in the centre. Some have them like this, others are flush like you mentioned. It’s moulded as part of the main fuselage on the kit, and the nose section has a semicircular cutout where it fits. Sanding it flush would be simple as well as filling the small dimple, which would be almost gone by sanding it flush. I have seen the domed panel in some photos, but the dimple is not centred, but lower down on the panel. I have no idea what it’s for.

The Hamilton standard props don’t look very good either, the propeller boss should not be tapered and the blade shape is questionable and has little twist to it. It just looks wrong.

Cheers

Jeff

• Thanks 1

I've looked at some pics, and I think they are usually faired over with that flat circle of aluminium from the factory. I think it might be a hoist point.

Here's one with the cover removed. You can see that strip between the fuselage and the nose has been peeled away as well:

https://icm.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/d4801_photo_1.jpg

And one from the other side, with the hoisting stuff (probably not the correct technical term :D) added:

https://www.3rdattackgroup.org/resources/A-26_Invader/3rd BG 89th Attack Squadron.jpg

Then again, I might be totally wrong.

Edit: Looks like I am. It clearly says "Jack Here" on the patch here:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/27/ce/7727cee1741c416d5afb92941130a08c.jpg

Maybe you insert a pin in there for the jack.

Edited by Creepy Pete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

I've looked at some pics, and I think they are usually faired over with that flat circle of aluminium from the factory. I think it might be a hoist point.

Here's one with the cover removed. You can see that strip between the fuselage and the nose has been peeled away as well:

https://icm.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/d4801_photo_1.jpg

And one from the other side, with the hoisting stuff (probably not the correct technical term :D) added:

https://www.3rdattackgroup.org/resources/A-26_Invader/3rd BG 89th Attack Squadron.jpg

Then again, I might be totally wrong.

Edit: Looks like I am. It clearly says "Jack Here" on the patch here:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/77/27/ce/7727cee1741c416d5afb92941130a08c.jpg

Maybe you insert a pin in there for the jack.

The lift here/Jack here is the winner I think. The one photo showing the tube and the one with the gear attached do help explain what those circles are covering. I would definitely sand and fill the kit one. That or use a cut circle of plastic over it after its been sanded flat. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 2:58 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

lSQQsap.jpg

The cover should be flush and flat, because it’s a fabric patch to cover the hoisting attachment. Right on the money @Creepy Pete. Here is the diagram from the maintenance manual. It’s on both sides, and only on the Bombardier nose “glass nose”. Note the pinking shown on the edge of the patch on the diagram. So sand it flush and fill it. The one I saw with the aluminium domed panel, as shown on the model, was on a warbird. Warbirds and museum restorations are not always a reliable source, as is evident here.

346BD070-1A19-41C2-BE5A-DE2899188A76

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

The lift here/Jack here is the winner I think. The one photo showing the tube and the one with the gear attached do help explain what those circles are covering. I would definitely sand and fill the kit one. That or use a cut circle of plastic over it after its been sanded flat. 

Didn’t mean to step on your toes mate. I was composing my post, when I saw your reply come up. It took me a few hours to find the drawing, if you don’t use the exact nomenclature while searching the manual, it’s like finding a green jellybean on the front lawn. Haha 

Cheers

Jeff

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

You didnt … Im sorry if that was the impression I sent ? 

No not at all, you had arrived at the same conclusion while I was composing, that’s all.

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1