Revell 2022 releases

Stephen

Speaking of Ju 52/3m’s, Revell’s 1/48 Ju 52/3m has in my opinion the most incredible surface detail of any corrugated skin aircraft kit I have ever seen. It is actually corrugated, not a bunch of half round ridges spaced apart like just about all the other ones. The crimped ends, the rivets, are all there, with all the different pitches of corrugated aluminum. Considering the pitfalls of most of the 1/72 kits, and the difficulty in correcting them, I really hope they consider scaling down their remarkable 1/48 Ju 52/3m.
Heller’s kit is the best in 1/72, however it is difficult to find photos of a Ju 52/3mg7e in that configuration with the standard cargo door, most g7e’s had the wider cargo door. The most griped about problem, being the size of the cabin windows, which is fairly easy to correct. I have found photos of a few g7e’s with that configuration, but it’s not very common. Aside from that, of all the different decal sheets available, only a few are accurate for the Heller kit in it’s configuration. Incidentally the KP 1/72 Ju 52 is the Heller kit. Add to that the plethora of inaccurate captions, incorrect profiles etc. in books and the internet, makes it difficult to pin down the various types if you don’t know what you’re looking for.
Revell’s 1/48 kits give you more options concerning types, both civilian and military and therefore multiple different paint schemes. Revell’s 1/48 kit has seen numerous different boxing’s, so it must be a reasonable seller. I think an accurate 1/72 Ju 52 is long overdue, floats would be a nice option as well.

Jeff

• Like 3

Since they are a relative "recent new" company under new Management, they will invest first in distribution and release only a few new kits of their own (not the other way around).  The 1/72 F-15E and the 1/32 Hurricane are welcome additions.  I hope they don´t make mistakes the other owners did.  Their acrylic paint range might be a good strength to explore.  Really nice paints if they develop a better thinner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFM148 said:

Since they are a relative "recent new" company under new Management, they will invest first in distribution and release only a few new kits of their own (not the other way around).  The 1/72 F-15E and the 1/32 Hurricane are welcome additions.  I hope they don´t make mistakes the other owners did.  Their acrylic paint range might be a good strength to explore.  Really nice paints if they develop a better thinner. 

Revell is an old company, that is selling since decades. They are no beginners. And the new managment is no student project. Revell should be able to more.

Small new companys are able to more, like Armahobby.

So, there is no logic in your argument.

Edited by MiG-Mech

The brand name Revell is old. The owners bought a company for 1 Dollar with 3 million Dollar owe.

They have not enough money to invest, it's cheaper and easier to sell other kits from Eastern Europe, because they can got these kit for a small money.

modelldoc

• Like 1

Start (restart) small, build up a fund base by selling what you already have, then use those funds to invest in new moulds.   Most of us here are mature modellers; therefore, we tend to moan about the re-released stuff; however, some of our younger members never saw some these kits first time around and would probably welcome them.  I've been building kits since the 1950's, with Airfix, Revell, Renwall, Aurora and Frog etc., and even I would like to see some of Revell's kits re-released again.

Mike

• Like 5

On 16/01/2022 at 16:21, Hook said:

Indeed. Let's hope for a few surprises.

Cheers,

Andre

Think the only chance is for a longer term development (ie something for 2023) to be announced at Nuremberg, as they did with the Blackbird a couple of years back.

Right two things here;

1. Lets keep potentially libelous comments and accusations out of the forum in total.

2. This is a Revell thread so lets keep Airfix out of it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward for the 1/32 Hurricane! 

The F-86D Sabre Dog is a post Monogram-Revell merger model, so it would be "officially" a Revell kit, but I am pretty sure there was an all Monogram design team behind it. 

I hope they see the big potential they have by releasing a "Vintage" range from their huge mold library.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few of Revell 2022 aircraft and vehicle releases were supposed to be in co-operation with ICM and Zvezda.

Unless the sprues are already in Germany for packing in Revell boxes, I don`t expect these kits to appear until peace has returned to Ukraine.   

Edited by LN-KEH
  • Sad 4

On 28/02/2022 at 14:30, LN-KEH said:

Quite a few of Revell 2022 aircraft and vehicle releases were supposed to be in co-operation with ICM and Zvezda.

Unless the sprues are already in Germany for packing in Revell boxes, I don`t expect these kits to appear until peace has returned to Ukraine.   

I have my doubts all the ICM and Zvezda sprues are already here. Maybe those with an early release. But we have two impacts to deal with IMHO: Covid with general delays in production and delivery worldwide, plus the Russian war on Ukraine. By the way the list above seems to have some issues. The Invader was said to be the ICM tooling - something I really waited for. Guess I have to wait quite a bit longer... Not a problem compared to curret life in Ukraine, so this should be no moaning.

It's easy to find out, where are the sprues.

Look on the older boxes and read:

"Made in Russia" - SS-25 Topol

"Made in Ukraine" - Model T Ambulance

"Made in Korea" - T-34

"Made in Poland" - .....

Revell "produce" all the kits outsourced.

modelldoc