Revell 2022 releases

Stephen

Hundred years of Jaguar 1/24 box set sounds interesting… at £60+ it’s not great value with only two kits (XK120 and E Type?) in it, but better with three. Not sure what the third would be that Revell has access to…XKSS maybe, though that’s more like 20 years of Jaguar than 100!

best,

M.

• Like 1

Well the 1/32 Hurricane IIb is new and there is a lot of new stuff from The Mandalorian. I’m assuming the 1/32 Bf 109G-2/4 is based on their own G-6/G-10 kit, although they previously reboxed the Hasegawa kit to get a G-4/4trop. The 1/48 B-24D is incredibly pricey if that’s just a basic rebox of the old Monogram kit.

7 minutes ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Hundred years of Jaguar 1/24 box set sounds interesting…

Presumably it won't be on the shelves until 2045 then 😉

I'd forgotten that Revell has the XK120 tooling, having inherited it from Monogram.  Their XKSS would be a welcome reissue too.  Italeri have just reissued their XJ220, which Revell reboxed at one point, so I wonder if that may be one of the featured vehicles?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NavyWessex said:

Pleased to see the Airbus A400M is being reissued in 1/72 with RAF markings, although quite a sharp price increase on that for a 72£ RRP.

Also like to see what's included in the RV5670 75th Anniversary of US Air Force Gift set..

Hazard a guess it’s any 2 of their f-22, f-16 and the upcoming f-15e

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

I’m assuming the 1/32 Bf 109G-2/4 is based on their own G-6/G-10

The G-2 would be a fine addition to my collection. If I can ever get one.

Glad to see the Hurricane, I've been itching to do a Rhubarb Hurribomber for some time.

Its probably better for revell to do the long nosed hurricanes and get some use from the molds before someone like kotare get there.

Edited by Phas3e

A recap from the provisional Revell 2022 a/c programme:

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/futurereleases/

1/144

- ref. 3815 - Boeing 787-9 - Lufthansa - 06/2022 - rebox Zvezda
- ref. 3824 - Hughes AH-64A Apache - 08/2022 - rebox Zvezda
- ref. 3825 - Boeing CH-47D Chinook - 04/2022 - reissue
- ref. 3826 - Boeing 757-200 - Iron Maiden - 08/2022 - rebox Zvezda
- ref. 3833 - Hawker Hunter FGA.9 - 03/2022 - reissue

1/100

- ref. 3652 - Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird (Easy Click) - 03/2022 - reissue Monogram

1/72

- ref. 3818 - Eurofighter Typhoon - Bavarian Tiger 2021 - 06/2022 - reissue new decals
- ref. 3822 - Airbus A400M Atlas - Royal Air Force - 07/2022 - reissue new decals
- ref. 3828 - Yakovlev Yak-130 "Mitten" - 07/2022 - rebox Zvezda
- ref. 3834 - McDonnell-Douglas F/A-18 Super Hornet - 01/2022 - reissue new decals
- ref. 5670 - 75th Anniversary of US Air Force Gift set - 09/2022 - content ?

1/48

- ref. 3653 - Messerschmitt Me-109G-6 "Gustav" (Easy Click) - 10/2022 - reissue ?
- ref. 3819 - Cessna O-2A Skymaster - 02/2022 - rebox ICM
- ref. 3820 - Eurofighter Typhoon FGR.4 - "Blackjack" RAF Typhoon Display aircraft - 05/2022 - reissue new decals
- ref. 3823 - Douglas B-26C Invader - 05/2022 - rebox ICM
- ref. 3831 - Consolidated B-24D Liberator - 09/2022 - reissue Revell/Monogram
- ref. 3832 - North American F-86D Sabre Dog - 03/2022 - reissue (early or late ?) Revell/Monogram

1/32

- ref. 3821 - Bell AH-1G Cobra - 09/2022 - rebox ICM
- ref. 3827 - de Havilland DH.82 Tiger Moth - 02/2022 - rebox ICM
- ref. 3829 - Messerchmitt Me-109G-2/4 "Gustav" - 04/2022 - reissue new variant
- ref. 3837 - Boeing PT-17 Kaydet - 01/2022 - reissue new decals
- ref. 4968 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIb - 09/2022 - reissue new variant (link)??

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Two figure kits (Mandalorian)? Wonder how they will turn out. The Slave One is listed in common 1:87 scale... Common for rail road modellers, which are a known target group for Sci-Fi 🤔 I guess this will be the old MPC kit which was without any scale. So OK. The Razor Crest in 1:72 will be much more interesting - the scale gives hope that it will not be another toy-like kit from the Star Wars range.

Edit - just saw the topic in the Sci-Fi section here and the Revell kit does look nice so far!

Regarding flying things the announcements are so-so. Sure the 1:32 Hurricane is quite nice but for me personally not so interesting because of the scale. That said I am quite happy about the ICM reboxes - especially the Douglas B-26C Invader. The B-24 is also welcome, even if the old Monogram kit has issues. Anybody heared about the Koster Privateer conversion which should have been re released a few years back? Finally the North American F-86D Sabre Dog is a nice kit (wonder if it is the "early" or "late" version they release) appart from the wrong wing sweep - I maybe add another on to the stash. So over all the range is not uninteresting even if there is no new tool Space Shuttle which we are all waiting eagerly for 🙂 Speaking of Space: I would have thought that a SpaceX Falcon kit would be interesting.

Wonder if there will be some additional surprise releases on the Nurnberg Toy Fair in a few months.

The only thing on the list that interests me is the A400M.... but it's the big one that isn't at all in short supply on the second hand market, they need to reissue the 1/144 A400M kit and the C17 in the same scale because those are near enough impossible to find at a good price

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Hundred years of Jaguar 1/24 box set sounds interesting… at £60+ it’s not great value with only two kits (XK120 and E Type?) in it, but better with three. Not sure what the third would be that Revell has access to…XKSS maybe, though that’s more like 20 years of Jaguar than 100!

best,

M.

Would imagine it will be a couple of cars (retail looks like £37 for their cars next year!!) Plus 5 or 6 paints, glue and brush.

With this coming up

I am disappointed that there fare only a couple of ex Matchbox models up for reissue in 2022. Looks like searching out those I want on auction sites. A couple that I want  could make Revells current prices look cheap.

3 hours ago, Beermonster1958 said:

Maybe this isn't the full list and, they're keeping some surprises back for later! 😊🙏

John

Hopefully! You'd think with the last year their design team has had plenty of time to work on lots of projects remotely. No new tools on the list unless I've missed something, although don't Revell usually only tool a handful of kits each year? We can hold out hope for now.

Personal bias for V Bombers showing through here, but I'll irrationally hope for a Victor B1 in 1/72 if they were to tool something new. The awful Matchbox Victor K2 sold well under Revell even after Airfix's kit released, probably because it was half the price, so it surely wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see them doing their own modern competitor at a lower price than Airfix's? It's probably smaller than the 1/48 SR71 they are doing (has that been released yet?)

Its not the most electrifying selection but I am pretty sure the "Blackjack" Typhoon in 1/48 and RAF A400 will make their way into my stash alongside the SR-71 from this year.

To be honest, I am just glad that there is a schedule of releases for 2022 considering the state of the world over the last 24 months.

I would also not be surprised to see a new tool announcement at some stage (Nuremberg Toy Fair '22) with a release in mid-late '23. Timescales from announcement to release are increasing so not outside the realms of possibility (maybe acts as a warning for other manufacturers that that specific topic / scale is being covered).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IanC said:

It's a shame the old Matchbox 1/76 armour kits now seem to be over 20 quid a pop! Nostalgia is getting very expensive..🙁

Pricing must be based on what the chancers are wanting on eBay - Sorry, but adding glue, two little pots of paint, a brush and calling it "My First Diorama" do not add up to £12 of "Added Value"

IanJ

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Anybody heared about the Koster Privateer conversion which should have been re released a few years back?

IIRC the last info from Facebook vac/resin group was that the person who bought the tooling has no interest in producing the kits.

There was/is a resin conversion (or a full kit) from Wilde Sau Resins and/or Lone Star Models, but price+shipping+customs dues might be a problem.

Edited by dragonlanceHR
Typos
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Hopefully! You'd think with the last year their design team has had plenty of time to work on lots of projects remotely. No new tools on the list unless I've missed something, although don't Revell usually only tool a handful of kits each year? We can hold out hope for now.

Personal bias for V Bombers showing through here, but I'll irrationally hope for a Victor B1 in 1/72 if they were to tool something new. The awful Matchbox Victor K2 sold well under Revell even after Airfix's kit released, probably because it was half the price, so it surely wouldn't be too much of a stretch to see them doing their own modern competitor at a lower price than Airfix's? It's probably smaller than the 1/48 SR71 they are doing (has that been released yet?)

Yeah, having few new tools is normal for Revell, having zero would be surprising. I always liked Revell's large 1/72 kits a lot, so any medium or heavy bomber from WW2 onward would be very welcome. We'll see - I expect little from Revell and generally put way mroe hope into the upcoming Airfix announcements.

A resounding “meh” from me too.  Doesn’t look as if Revell will be troubling my wallet in 2022.  A flicker of interest in the ex-Mako sWS with Flak 43: it will no doubt be excellent but the sWS leaves me fairly cold for some reason.  Now the ex-Mako Moebelwagen or (Pz IV based) Ostwind would be another matter.