Hello everyone … Im presenting a pair of 1/48 Hasegawa P-47D Thunderbolts. They wear the markings of a pair operated by the 57th Fighter Group, 66th Fighter Squadron operating from Corsica. The dedication portion comes from their “Nose art”. In 2020 I lost both my dogs in a matter of three months. My 15 year old Pug passed away in February and my 16 year old Chihuahua passed of a broken heart in May. The planes actually existed and the nose art is real.  #73 “Ay Chuhuahua” and #78 “Puny Pug”. The Chihuahua decals come from an ancient Microscale sheet I got in the 1980’s. The “Puny Pug” markings I had made up by our own member @Timmas. I cant say enough good things about the quality of his work, he is quite thorough and methodical. I’m happy to say I have a second sheet of decals in the final stages with a third sheet worth ready to go. With not much more to say here are my planes.

#73 “Ay Chuhuahua”DbFFPqc.jpg

wd2ke1y.jpg

NZzo9pc.jpg

Eds33Vl.jpg

pBfhxxY.jpg

SoiUzDN.jpg

LLTc4Wn.jpg

fkI8xgY.jpg

ICnv0vj.jpg

b9RXg7W.jpg

And #78 “Puny Pug”

vjleZGz.jpg

BbIlZ5h.jpg

uzFqZII.jpg

NCLDclG.jpg

HhXxBkv.jpg

LJQoQim.jpg

ONlfTmu.jpg

NZ8szZY.jpg

JpkObWJ.jpg

tu3lHQy.jpg

And a few together. 

4qML47K.jpg

WibG5W0.jpg

iLxmphh.jpg

9hteSkd.jpg

Please feel free to ask questions, post comments or visit my build thread. 

Dennis

• Like 47

That's a stunning tribute to your two dogs @Corsairfoxfouruncle, for which I sympathise wholeheartedly.

In 2019, we lost our Great Dane "Tully" and 3 months later, "Teddy" a Golden Retriever x Shepherd, so I feel your pain.

Both beautiful models and the decals are a great recommendation for  @Timmas' work.

Rog

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello everyone … Im presenting a pair of 1/48 Hasegawa P-47D Thunderbolts. They wear the markings of a pair operated by the 57th Fighter Group, 66th Fighter Squadron operating from Corsica.

Hi Dennis,

Very nice pair of Thunderbolts :thumbsup:

I like watching the Movie "Thunderbolt" by William Wyler which

was supposed to be about the 57th FG in Corsica.

Sorry to hear about your two pets - it's hard loosing them

Hope you're doing Okay?

Thanks for sharing your models with us

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LDSModeller said:

Hi Dennis,

Very nice pair of Thunderbolts :thumbsup:

I like watching the Movie "Thunderbolt" by William Wyler which

was supposed to be about the 57th FG in Corsica.

Sorry to hear about your two pets - it's hard loosing them

Hope you're doing Okay?

Thanks for sharing your models with us

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan .. Yes doing well thank you, yourself ? I do believe Ive seen the movie a couple of times but not since the 90’s. 

1 hour ago, roginoz said:

That's a stunning tribute to your two dogs @Corsairfoxfouruncle, for which I sympathise wholeheartedly.

In 2019, we lost our Great Dane "Tully" and 3 months later, "Teddy" a Golden Retriever x Shepherd, so I feel your pain.

Both beautiful models and the decals are a great recommendation for  @Timmas' work.

Rog

Thank you Rog, my sympathies for your Tully & Teddy. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dogtail2 said:

Very nice.

The Aluminium looks like Aluminium.  How was it done?

Edit: OK just spotted the build thread.

The new Tamiya LP Lacquers, gloss black LP-1 then Aluminum LP-11. 

https://tamiyablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Tamiya-color-lacquer-paint-compatibility-table-matching-list.jpg

These paints spray quite well other than the yellow. 

• Thanks 1

Great brace of Tbolts Dennis 👍

Very sorry for your loss, but glad you could combine your remembrance of much loved and lost companions with a suitable hobby tribute.

Alan

• Thanks 1

I have great admiration for the quality of your work. It's wonderful. The dedication to your lost pets is, as shown in these builds, is heart warming. More importantly, my admiration for you knows no bounds. Despite the difficulties you've endured, you press on energetically with your life and you are, sir, a true inspiration to us all. Kindest regards. Earl

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alan P said:

Great brace of Tbolts Dennis 👍

Very sorry for your loss, but glad you could combine your remembrance of much loved and lost companions with a suitable hobby tribute.

Alan

Thank you Alan for the kind words. 

3 hours ago, Neil.C said:

A beautiful pair mate and a fitting tribute to your sadly missed dogs.

I know how you feel. 

Thank you sir for the kind words. Is your profile image a Bull terrier ? They are such wonderful and Beautiful dogs, I do hope to have one as a companion at some point in the future. 

2 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I have great admiration for the quality of your work. It's wonderful. The dedication to your lost pets is, as shown in these builds, is heart warming. More importantly, my admiration for you knows no bounds. Despite the difficulties you've endured, you press on energetically with your life and you are, sir, a true inspiration to us all. Kindest regards. Earl

Thank you Earl, your compliment means a lot I try my best with my work. Ive learned through the many kicks that life has dealt that I need to just keep going. 

Dennis

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thank you sir for the kind words. Is your profile image a Bull terrier ? They are such wonderful and Beautiful dogs, I do hope to have one as a companion at some point in the future. 

Dennis

Yes Indeed Dennis. My beloved and much missed Bull Terrier Deana.

We currently own Dot (or she owns us 😆) . They are great dogs but can need a bit of handling sometimes. Ours is a right little madam. 😉

Here she is...

"Hello Dennis" 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Lovely builds and a fine dedication too.  B)

My Lurchers grew up with a Pug, it was hilarious watching them trying to figure out games that they could all play:

MarbsNMibs

Solid little dogs, but it's incredible that they are genetically 99.999999% identical to a Lurcher, or an English Bull Terrier for that matter!  :D

• Thanks 1

A beautiful pair of jugs (there, I said it!).  😉

Seriously though, they are excellently done and a testament to your skills!

Lovely tribute to the dogs too - I hope the builds have helped you deal with your grief.

:clap2::clap2:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kapam said:

A beautiful pair of jugs (there, I said it!).  😉

Seriously though, they are excellently done and a testament to your skills!

Lovely tribute to the dogs too - I hope the builds have helped you deal with your grief.

:clap2::clap2:

Thank you yes it does help a bit with the grief. 

Very nice CC and good to see the MTO P-47 being represented for a change too,Sorry to hear about your dogs mate,...... they really are members of the family and the heartbreak is real.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Thanks 1