1/32 MDC Hawker Typhoon

I have set sail on a themed collection of 1/32 Hawker single engined piston fighters, started because I enjoyed Special Hobby's Tempest V so much, and because of Lukgraph, Fly, Paul Fisher and Special Hobby (again) providing the raw materials.

The Typhoon is a lovely piece of casting.  Here it is.  It is an entirely fictional representation of a 1B equipped with rockets wearing the early 1A identification stripes, ie *not* the invasion stripes we all know and love.  The windscreen and canopy are Special Hobby spares that I acquired after borking several vacforms.  Ham fisted? Moi?

The very few decals I used (most of the major stuff is masked) silvered. Grr.  And I did gloss it up first, too.

General overview...

y4mR7HdWBMLD_vTh7XqnajvDR060FvwzlQSenDoq

Plan view...

y4mCD2mfMvo1ty9DFPHqTCjaNhXcDS2qsrA-7aqv

The tummy.  The apparently kinky stripe on the starboard flap is an optical illusion.  It's straight, really...

y4mmxEwvQePsZQS--y16SmPFSHLHB1nEWBc37FMz

Cockpit detail showing virtually nothing!  But the SH windscreen blended in well...

y4mijtBAXQQu1zO9EP3zBLEPyl6Ax2ZYvr2Ush-g

Nicely cast bits of undercarriage...

y4mW7s5kh7UhApJFdNIH9TaOydRlJW8Yy24qgkOx

Hope you like.  I am currently working on Fly's Hurricane.  The cockpit frame is tortuous, but I'll get there! 

Mike

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Very nice , :goodjob: the above shot shows the port outer cannon could do with a little straightning up .  :hmmm:

It *might* be one of the RP rails being squint. Being resin, they were a little 'floppy' ...