Revell Hurricane IIB 1/32

IT_Man

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That's a bit personal. And rather hurtful. 

I dont think it was meant that way, but please can we keep this on track and all personal comments out of threads please.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Confirmed by whom?

Apparently it's in their "2022 Presenters" information that has been shared to UK Retailers this morning. One of my contacts in the trade shared a screenshot with me 😀 (will try to find a way to share here)

https://ibb.co/rvDn3hK

Edited by IT_Man
Image URL added, hopefully!
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Apparently it's in their "2022 Presenters" information that has been shared to UK Retailers this morning. One of my contacts in the trade shared a screenshot with me 😀 (will try to find a way to share here)

https://ibb.co/rvDn3hK

OK, thanks, this is real confirmation. I don't know how they will manage to do this with such a low price, but if they don't raise it, all the better for modellers.

• Like 1

I know this statement is probably blasphemy to you folks across the pond, so the Atlantic Ocean is my friend at the moment, but I much prefer the Hurricane over the Spitfire, so this new release appeals to me a lot. Before you start hurling stones, give me a head start to find a cave to hide in. No cave? I'll find a big flat rock to hide under. We have lots of those in Central Texas. 🙃

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I know this statement is probably blasphemy to you folks across the pond, so the Atlantic Ocean is my friend at the moment, but I much prefer the Hurricane over the Spitfire, so this new release appeals to me a lot. Before you start hurling stones, give me a head start to find a cave to hide in. No cave? I'll find a big flat rock to hide under. We have lots of those in Central Texas.

nope, you are wrong, not blasphemy at all ! As someone who lives across the pond I'm with you, much prefer the hurricane to the spitfire, doesn't get the recognition it should have and is a better looking aircraft in my view. Any room under that Texas stone for an extra one ?? 

• Like 1

I think this is massive news; if you don't count short run kits (sorry Fly & PCM) there hasn't been a 1/32 Hurricane from a major manufacturer since the first Revell kit in 1969 - that is 53 years, folks. Given any number of Spitfires, 109s, 190s, 262s, P-40s, P-51s & Corsairs from the likes of Tamiya, Hasegawa, Revell, & Trumpyboss in the last 20 years alone, with more to come from the likes of Kotare (Spitfire), Zoukei Mura (109 & 190) & Great Wall Hobby (P-40), the Hurricane is probably the most poorly kitted major WWII fighter in this scale bar none.

Put me down for at least one, and start hoping for a IIC in a desert scheme as the next boxing!

• Like 3

From LSP:

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

So are you involved ?

Inquiring minds want to know.  

If it's a secret, we won't tell ...

Expand  

Yes, it is a secret, so don't tell anyone. 

Radu 

So design quality is more than just guaranteed , possible week poits remain the tool shop and production quality.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:55 AM, SAT69 said:

I know this statement is probably blasphemy to you folks across the pond, so the Atlantic Ocean is my friend at the moment, but I much prefer the Hurricane over the Spitfire, so this new release appeals to me a lot. Before you start hurling stones, give me a head start to find a cave to hide in. No cave? I'll find a big flat rock to hide under. We have lots of those in Central Texas. 🙃

I'm with you SAT69. I like the Spitfire, especially the later variants but the Hurricane has always had an appeal. 

The father of  a good friend and flying buddy flew in the Battle of Britain and on throughout the war. He flew Hurricanes, then later all sorts of other machines including the (later) Spitfires.  He felt the Hurricane was the better aircraft for new tyro pilots with very few hours - he hadn't even fired the guns before arriving on his first Squadron.

Easy to fly, reassuringly solid, tough, manoeuvrable and a steady gun platform were his main thoughts. Plus easy & stable to land when  you are all shaky  and scared, possibly in a damaged aircraft. He felt the Spitfire , like the 109, needed more care in handling. especially on landing and his view was that the early Spits were harder to fight, not as steady  for gunnery. Greta once you had the hang of them!   He also like the ease of repair of the Hurricane. Main dislikes for both Hurricane and Spitfire  -the unprotected fuel tank right in front of the cockpit.

He later commanded a Spitfire squadron, so wasn't biased against the Spit. Fascinating man; I wish I'd asked him more. 

Edited by John B (Sc)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, John B (Sc) said:

I'm with you SAT69. I like the Spitfire, especially the later variants but the Hurricane has always had an appeal. 

The father of  a good friend and flying buddy flew in the Battel of Britain and on throughout the war. He flew Hurricanes, then later all sorts of other machines including the (later) Spitfires.  He felt the Hurricane was the better aircraft for new tyro pilots with very few hours - he hadn't even fired the guns before arriving on his first Squadron.

Easy to fly, reassuringly solid, tough, manoeuvrable and a steady gun platform were his main thoughts. Plus easy & stable to land when  you are all shaky  and scared, possibly in a damaged aircraft. He felt the Spitfire , like the 109, needed more care in handling. especially on landing and his view was that the early Spits were harder to fight, not as steady  for gunnery. Greta once you had the hang of them!   He also like the ease of repair of the Hurricane. Main dislikes for both Hurricane and Spitfire  -the unprotected fuel tank right in front of the cockpit.

He later commanded a Spitfire squadron, so wasn't biased against the Spit. Fascinating man; I wish I'd asked him more. 

I appreciate your insights. Many thanks!

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Homebee said:

Description still seems vague, and no box art. I suspect (though waiting on confirmation from my sources) that it will be at least into December, perhaps into early 2023.

• Like 1