Revell Hurricane IIB 1/32

IT_Man

a  modern tooled 1/32 Hurricane is the top of my wish list, as long as this isn't their old tooling from the 60/70s when ever it was then this is superb news

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Homebee said:

Source: ?

V.P. 

This is the Rumourmonger no ;)

In any case, apparently 2022 listing have been sent to UK retailers this morning. My source is awaiting confirmation that they can release this information to their store.

Item No. Given is RV4968, which seems to be free and not used before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Hearing rumours that Revell will be bringing us a Hurri IIB in "September '22".

Can't see they've done a IIB before, so could be a new tooling? Not sure they'd rebox the FLY one?

They issued their old Mk I with added cannons as a IIC, but they haven't done a IIB. A new tool 1/32 scale Hurricane would definitely be welcome.

• Like 2

This would be greet news, I have built the old Revell Mk.I kit and am building a PCM Mk.I at the moment so a new tool Hurricane would be gratefully accepted (and bought)

Cheers

Dennis

On that listing Gary got there is lots of NEW like the Monogram 1/48 Liberator. With Revell in my experience NEW is when there are new decals and a new boxing around it...  I can see half the ICM range (O-2, AH1, B26 Invader, Tiger Moth  etc) as well as Zvezda (BN757-200 Iron Maiden Livery ) Yak-130 and B787-9 (Lufthansa)  All Mentioned NEW. Also NEW is the Hunter FGA9 1/144 and a 1/72 A400 with RAF markings...   So lets se what will realy be NEW !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Branky said:

Oh BTW the 1/48 Liberator is the B24D variant.. Not the -J

I'm looking at the Liberator and I'm thinking this could be potentially a new tooling. First of all, the price is at £78.99. This is far too expensive for a tooling from the 1980s and new box. The RRP is closer to that of the 1/48 Blackbird new tooling. 

I know they re-issues the B-29 with a load of aftermarket at around £100

• Like 1

Well, About prices. The list of 2022 novelties of Revell we're now discussing about came with a message to the retail from Revell which said:

"Dear valued Partner,

As you may have heard from the news/media the situation on the global procurement markets continue to be tense.

Cost prices for raw materials and components, relevant for our product assortment, such as ABS, polystyrene, paper, copper, metal, and semiconductors have double digit percentage increases.

In addition, cost for logistics (especially for imported goods), for energy and for labour in the manufacturing countries have significantly increased or even exploded.

As a consequence, we are forced to amend our prices further.

For details please see price list effective 01.01.2022 attached.

Orders received prior to December 31, 2021, with requested shipping date not later than February 2022 will be invoiced at current prices.

We regret to give you no other information at this point, but economic constraints and our commercial responsibility do not allow any other course of action.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to a continued partnership in the future.

Best regards

ppa.

Marko Rachner

Sales Director International "

This is then after a price rise last September of around 10% 

So thinking that Revell will release a new B24 in 1/48 just because the price seems steep is wishful thinking i am afraid. 

And now you know not to wait too long when you want to buy some Revell kits. You have been warned! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thepureness said:

This is far too expensive for a tooling from the 1980s and new box.

The Monogram B-24J is from the mid 70's. The B-24D was a modification of this tooling.    A new tooling I'm sure would get far more hype,  and would likely be in the price realms of the HK B-17 and Lancaster kits. 

One thing that old B-24J would really benefit from is a decent set of turrets,  without a split in the glazing.....

A new tool Hurricane is more believable,  and bear in mind, the Mk.IIB (and A, but it's not a difficult backdate)  is the most commonly photographed variant used by the Soviets,  and Russia is a big place,  I'm still surprised that Zvezda didn't got for this version in their recent kit. 

I've not seen a decent photo of a VVS IIC where the markings are visible, but they did have significant amount on the IIC, though they were used by the Air Defence units (PVO) like most of the Spitfire IX's were, and photos of them likewise are very very rare.

3 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

A new tool Hurricane is more believable

Hurricane has the same price as rebox of Boeing PT-17 Kaydet from ICM. This would be really cheap brand new Hurricane in 1/32. Reissue of their old Piper PA-18 Super Cub as "Sports Plane Builders Choice 2021" costs 31 GBP and this is 2021 price.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Even if it isn't affecting the model manufacturers, it is a splendid cover story for a price hike.

But it is affecting the manufacturers - especially those with outsourced production and logistics. 

Keep the tinfoil hat for other things.

1 hour ago, alt-92 said:

So is the suggestion of profiteering off of cost increases which are very real.  

I think that may be a bit unfair. The cost of shipping alone is very volatile at the moment. I read of a manufacturer who allegedly can't release a kit because of the stupid costs for shipping. If it's too expensive, don't buy it, then they don't make a profit.

• Like 1