Trumpeter SU47 1/144

Lets start with the positive points... It's cheap, it's an interesting aircraft ....  aaaand that's about it. Easily the worst kit I've ever had. Of course for 3.5€ you can't expect much, but still.... it's bad. Low on details, bad fitting and the kit wasn't symmetrical, not a single piece had its mirror image on the other side! The decals just broke looking at them, I used the decals of a su34 kit and they were a little bit better but also very fragile. The choice of armament was hmmm ... interesting. 8 R77 and 4 HUGE missiles. I believe 2 of them are kh59 (which honestly are rather nicely modelled) but I have no idea what the 2 others are, but they are massive. With what I believe is a booster stage, they are 7.6m long. I added a picture , does anybody have any clue what they are? I chose to leave them off the sukhoi because they just ruin the lines of the plane. My first experience with Trumpeter and boy, it wasn't a nice one. I chose a flashy and a fictive paint scheme and experimented with it. Fading paint and decals, which turned out OK and adding some heatstaining, which wasn't a great success.

y4m_yF7AlwEm3Ee1A4cAtDpF4cYDDBukWSvZrDLt

y4m6aPFNL5tCI4pyz_Q1Cgfu2EpdW6snJJfRxAoRy4maLl9Lq4euMP2dciX0VmcsbW4kvDstlR_R6yxJy4mbD8ANoCfD_7zlsdV-EkOTlrssoD-8q7K7071O

Edited by Wouter1981
  • Like 8